Judge to hear challenge to Missouri health care measure
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri: A Missouri judge is scheduled to hear arguments this Tuesday, July 13, on a challenge to the proposed health care measure, also known as Proposition C. The measure, which is scheduled to appear on the August 3 ballot, if maintained on the ballot will be the first challenge via the ballot to the federal health insurance law. The lawsuit, filed in late June 2010 in Cole County Circuit Court, is an attempt to block the measure from appearing on the statewide ballot. Specifically the challenge calls into question the method in which the measure was referred to the ballot - as a legislatively-referred state statute - and argue that it violated the Missouri Constitution.
- Missouri Health Care Freedom Amendment, Proposition C (2010)
- Missouri 2010 ballot measures
- 2010 post-certification removal litigation
- Associated Press,"Mo. judge to hear challenge to health care measure," July 13, 2010
- The News Tribune,"Bill's sponsors decry lawsuit," June 30, 2010