|Michigan Senate District 25|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Gilbert served in the Michigan House of Representatives from 1998 to 2002.
Gordon attended Saint Clair Community College and Wayne State Mortuary School. Gilbert is a Funeral Director when the Legislature is not in session.
Key votes of 2009-2010
- Click below to see how this representative voted.
- Super Speedway, Lawmakers voting on whether TO EXTEND A SPECIAL TAX PERK for a super speedway.
- Driver Responsibility Fees, Lawmakers voting on whether TO IMPOSE 'driver responsibility fees.'
- Crony Capitalism, Lawmakers voting on whether TO RESTRICT THE RIGHT of shareholders to sell their own stock.
- Golf Carts, Lawmakers voting on whether TO SUBSIDIZE the production of electric vehicle batteries.
- Home Court Disadvantage, Lawmakers voting on whether TO GIVE MORE TAXING POWER to local government in Kalamazoo so it can finance a taxpayer-subsidized sports arena.
- Mandate Beer Keg Buyer’s Tags, Lawmakers voting on whether TO MANDATE beer keg buyer's tags.
- Remonumentation of State Border, Lawmakers voting on whether to appropriate funds up to $500,000 for remonumentation of the Michigan-Indiana border.
- Fire Safe Cigarettes, Lawmakers voting on whether TO BAN the sale of cigarettes that are not "fire safe."
- Commission on Spanish-Speaking Affairs, Lawmakers voting on whether TO EXPAND DUTIES of and rename government's Commission on Spanish-Speaking Affairs.
- Balancing Act, Lawmakers voting on a budget to CUT REVENUE SHARING PAYMENTS to local governments as a way to balance the state budget without raising taxes.
- Balancing Act 2, Lawmakers voting on a cut of less than 3 percent to K-12 school aid payments so as to balance the state budget without tax increases.
- A Good Tax Gone Bad?, Lawmakers voting on the Michigan Business Tax.
- It’s From the Children, Lawmakers voting on whether to RAID $90 MILLION from the Michigan Higher Education Student Loan Authority.
- Don’t Blame Canada, Lawmakers voting on whether TO BAN Canadian trash from Michigan landfills.
- Left Behind, Lawmakers voting on whether TO FINANCE "No Worker Left Behind" with a 59.9 percent increase in general fund spending in the 2009 DELEG budget.
- Politically Correct Capitalism, Lawmakers voting on whether to INCREASE SUBSIDIES for plug-in traction battery packs used in electric cars.
- Politically Correct Capitalism 2, Lawmakers voting on whether to GIVE SUBSIDIES for Michigan film production.
- Politically Correct Capitalism 3, Lawmakers voting on whether to INCREASE ELECTRIC CAR SUBSIDIES for a subsidiary of a Korean battery company.
- Grapes of Wrath, Lawmakers voting on whether TO BAN home shipment of beer and wine to Michigan consumers.
- Subsidize Manufacture of Electric Cars, Lawmakers voting on whether to authorize a refundable Michigan Business Tax credit for makers of plug-in traction battery packs used in electric cars.
- Authorize Special Tax Breaks for Ethanol Gas Stations, Lawmakers voting on whether to authorize a non-refundable Michigan Business Tax credit equal to 30 percent of the costs incurred by a gas station to convert existing pumps and tanks, or acquire new ones that deliver E85 ethanol or biodiesel fuel.
- Presidential Privileges, Lawmakers voting on whether to require state workers to either work on President's Day or take the day off as an unpaid holiday.
Gilbert serves on these committees:
- Transportation (Chair)
- Agriculture and Bioeconomy (Vice Chair)
- Economic Development and Regulatory Reform
- Finance (Vice Chair).
Birkholz represents Michigan Senate District 25. District 25 includes the Port Huron Region.
Gilbert raised $196,324 for his campaign.
|Michigan State Senate, District 25|
|Judson Gilbert (R)||49,272|
|Gary Orr (D)||43,935|
|Howard Shepherd (UST)||2,469|
In 2006 Judson Gilbert collected $196,324 in donations. 
His four largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Bishop Majority Leadership Fund||$10,000|
|Republican Victory Committee||$10,000|
|Impact Community Action Fund||$9,000|
|Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association||$8,400|
Gilbert resides in Algonac, Michigan.
- Official Michigan State Senate website
- Project Vote Smart summary
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Voting record from Michigan Votes
- Senator Gilbert's podcasts and commentary on iTunes
- Michigan Senate Republicans facebook
- List of 2010 state legislative candidates in Michigan
- "Michigan Senate" List of Standing Committees
- "Michigan Senate" Map of Senate Districts
- Michigan State Senate official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money's report on Gilbert's 2008 campaign contributions
- 2006 contributors to Judson Gilbert
|Michigan State Senate District 25
| Succeeded by|