|Mukilteo Board of Directors, District 2|
|Years in position||18|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|First elected||November 1997|
Schwab and her husband have a child who graduated from district schools.
Schwab sought a fifth term on the board without opposition in the November 5, 2013 election.
|Mukilteo Board of Directors, Four-year term, District 2, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Judy Schwab Incumbent||98.1%||13,355|
|Source: Snohomish County Auditor, "Snohomish County General Election Results," November 25, 2013|
Schwab reported no contributions or expenditures to the Washington Public Disclosure Commission.
Schwab won re-election to the board without opposition on November 3, 2009.
|Mukilteo Board of Directors, District 2, November 3, 2009|
|Nonpartisan||Judy Schwab Incumbent||97.9%||13,902|
|Source: Snohomish County Auditor|
What was at stake?
In 2013, the district rejected $1.6 million in state funding for all-day kindergarten due to limited classroom space. The Washington State Legislature allotted $90 million to fund all-day kindergarten classes throughout the state. Mukilteo School District could have facilitated kindergarten courses for 653 students if the funding was approved. District schools have witnessed a 3.6% increases in enrollment since 2008 and voters turned down construction bonds in 2006 and 2008 that would have expanded capacity. The number of all-day kindergartens in Mukilteo has been cut from nine to three in recent years and the Board of Directors would need to approve a construction bond to reverse this trend.
About the district
- See also: Mukilteo School District, Washington
Mukilteo outperforms state averages for higher education achievement, median income and poverty rate. The percentage of city residents over 25 years old with undergraduate degrees (47.8%) is ahead of the state average (31.4%). The 2010 U.S. Census calculated Mukilteo's median income at $93,120 while the state median income was $58,890. Mukilteo had a poverty rate of 6.3% in the 2010 U.S. Census while the state rate was 12.5%.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Judy + Schwab + Mukilteo + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mukilteo School District, "Board of Directors," Accessed September 26, 2013
- Washington Public Disclosure Commission, "Local Candidates," Accessed December 17, 2013
- Q13 Fox, "Mukilteo schools turn down state funding for all-day kindergarten," August 6, 2013
- 2010 U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Mukilteo," Accessed September 26, 2013
- Snohomish County Auditor, "Past Election Results," Accessed September 26, 2013