Jules Kopel Bailey
|Oregon House of Representatives District 42|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Lewis and Clark College|
|Place of birth||Portland, OR|
|Profession||Economist/Sustainable Development Specialist|
Bailey was an Economist/Sustainable Development Specialist, at ECONorthwest. He currently runs an economic consulting firm Pareto Global. He holds a MA in Public Affairs and Regional Planning with certification in Environmental Policy from Princeton University Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs. Bailey's BA is in Environmental Studies/International Affairs from Lewis and Clark College.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bailey served on the following committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Energy and Environment, Chair|
|• Revenue, Vice Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bailey served on these committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Energy, Environment and Water|
|• Fujian Sister State|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Bailey served on these committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Environment and Water|
|• Revenue, Vice Chair|
|• Sustainability and Economic Development|
Bailey won re-election in the 2012 election for Oregon House of Representatives District 42. Bailey was unopposed in the May 15 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Bailey won re-election to the 42nd District Seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition but faced Republican Cliff Hutchison and Pacific Green Chris Extine in the general election which took place on November 2, 2010.
|Oregon State House, District 42|
|Jules Bailey (D)||22,020|
|Cliff Hutchison (R)||2,470|
|Chris Extine (G)||1,405|
On November 4, 2008, Bailey was elected to Oregon State House District 42.
|Oregon State House District 42|
|Jules Bailey (D)||26,580|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Bailey collected $111,282 in campaign donations in 2010. The largest donors to the campaign are listed below.
|Oregon House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jules Kopel Bailey's campaign in 2010|
|Portland General Electric||$4,000|
|Credit Union Association Of Oregon||$2,500|
|Oregon Beverage Recycling Cooperative||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$111,282|
In 2008 Bailey collected $181,684 in donations.
These were the largest contributions in 2008.
|OREGON CLIMATE PAC||$34,772|
|OREGON LEAGUE OF CONSERVATION VOTERS||$15,624|
|LEMELSON, ERIC D||$10,000|
|OREGON NURSES ASSOCIATION||$5,750|
|WANNAMAKER, BRIAN G||$5,000|
- Oregon House of Representative - Rep. Jules Bailey
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Representative Bailey's twitter
- Representative Bailey's facebook
- "New Legislative Session means new leaders in the House caucuses," Oregon Capitol News, November 11, 2010
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the Senate," Accessed April 11, 2012
- Oregon Secretary of State, Official Primary Results
- Oregon Live Election, Election Results
- "Oregon State House official election results for 2008"
- Follow the Money - 2010 donors
- 2008 campaign contributions
- Email exchange with representative
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Bailey
|Oregon House of Representatives - District 42
| Succeeded by|