Difference between revisions of "Julian Schreibman"
m (Text replace - "Open=|" to "")
|Line 98:||Line 98:|
Revision as of 04:45, 11 February 2013
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 19|
The two agreed on many issues. Tyner made opposition to hydrofracking -- a controversial method of oil and natural gas recovery -- a main theme of his campaign, but Schreibman also said he opposes the technique "100%." Both candidates also have said they will not be yes-men for President Barack Obama. And each had the similar goal of protecting Social Security. On health care, there was some differentiation, as Tyner called for a single-payer system, while Schreibman supported "universal access to health care" and favored the health care legislation already passed and known as "Obamacare."
Schreibman was endorsed by retiring Representative Maurice Hinchey, and argued that he was the more electable candidate in the Republican-leaning district. He also said he has a greater fundraising capability, which would help battle "an avalanche of unregulated corporate money" in the general election.
But Tyner was quick to criticize the sources of Schreibman's campaign contributions as coming from "investors." He also highlighted his own history of being elected to his county seat despite being in a heavily Republican area, while Schreibman's stint as county Democratic chairman saw party losses in the state Legislature.
|Chris Gibson vs Julian Schreibman|
|Poll||Gibson||Schreibman||Undecided/Not Voting||Margin of Error|
|Siena College (October 30,2012)||48%||43%||9%||+/-3.8|
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted in this race. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to|
|Julian Schreibman Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2012||$0||$211,724||$(9,215.93)||$202,508.07|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2012||$239,454.37||$176,233.77||$(88,984.36)||$326,703.78|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2012||$331,703.78||$536,524.97||$(456,367.57)||$411,861.18|
On October 15, 2012, quarterly reports were submitted by campaigns to the Federal Election Commission. The political blog Daily Kos did an analysis of the fundraising figures and found Democratic challenger Julian Schreibman outraised Republican incumbent Chris Gibson in the third quarter. Schreibman raised $537,000 to Gibson's $388,000.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Julian + Schreibman + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- CNN "New York Districts Race - 2012 Election Center"
- AP/CSPAN "New York-Summary Vote Report," June 26, 2012
- River Reporter Online "Tyner and Schreibman vie for Hinchey’s seat; both claim they follow his progressive lead," June 20, 2012
- Record Online "Schreibman, Tyner face off in debate for 19th Congressional District," June 18, 2012
- Watershed Post "Congressional candidates Schreibman and Tyner face off in debate," June 19, 2012
- Sabato Crystal Ball "2012 House Ratings," June 13, 2012
- Hudson Valley Daily Freeman "Democratic congressional candidates Julian Schreibman, Joel Tyner square off in debate (videos)," June 19, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Julian Schreibman's April Quarterly Report," Accessed October 17, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Julian Schreibman's July Quarterly Report," Accessed October 17, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Julian Schreibman's October Quarterly Report," Accessed October 17, 2012
- Daily Kos "Third quarter House fundraising: who's got the cash?" October 18, 2012
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |