Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 19|
Schreibman is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing New York's 19 District. He is seeking the nomination on the Democratic and Working Families Party tickets. He defeated Dutchess County legislator Joel Tyner in the Democratic primary.
The two agreed on many issues. Tyner made opposition to hydrofracking -- a controversial method of oil and natural gas recovery -- a main theme of his campaign, but Schreibman also said he opposes the technique "100%." Both candidates also have said they will not be yes-men for President Barack Obama. And each had the similar goal of protecting Social Security. On health care, there was some differentiation, as Tyner called for a single-payer system, while Schreibman supported "universal access to health care" and favored the health care legislation already passed and known as "Obamacare."
Schreibman has been endorsed by retiring Representative Maurice Hinchey, and argued that he was the more electable candidate in the Republican-leaning district. He also said he has a greater fundraising capability, which would help battle "an avalanche of unregulated corporate money" in the general election.
But Tyner was quick to criticize the sources of Schreibman's campaign contributions as coming from "investors." He also highlighted his own history of being elected to his county seat despite being in a heavily Republican area, while Schreibman's stint as county Democratic chairman saw party losses in the state Legislature.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Julian + Schreibman + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- AP/CSPAN "New York-Summary Vote Report," June 26, 2012
- River Reporter Online "Tyner and Schreibman vie for Hinchey’s seat; both claim they follow his progressive lead," June 20, 2012
- Record Online "Schreibman, Tyner face off in debate for 19th Congressional District," June 18, 2012
- Watershed Post "Congressional candidates Schreibman and Tyner face off in debate," June 19, 2012
- Sabato Crystal Ball "2012 House Ratings," June 13, 2012
- Hudson Valley Daily Freeman "Democratic congressional candidates Julian Schreibman, Joel Tyner square off in debate (videos)," June 19, 2012
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |