For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Board Member, Douglas County School District, District G|
|Elections and appointments|
|Term limits||2 consecutive terms|
|Bachelor's||University of Arizona|
|Profession||Director of Finance and Contracts for Creative Energy Systems|
Keim moved to Colorado in 2000 with her husband and three children. Keim received her BSBA in Accounting from the University of Arizona in 1987. She became a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in 1990, and was registered in Arizona and Missouri. Keim worked as a CPA for the State of Arizona Office of the Auditor General where she audited the financial records of governmental entities and the State of Arizona Department of Economic Security as Finance Director. She also worked as a Senior Manager for Deloitte Consulting to help improve business practices and computer systems for a variety of governmental programs and entities. She is currently the Director of Finance and Contracts for Creative Energy Systems. Keim has previously volunteered with the Lewis-Palmer School District and the Douglas County School District with several education-focused groups and programs, often using her financial background as a group's treasurer. Her contributions include writing the grant to bring pre-school education and later full-day kindergarten to at risk children in LPSD through the Colorado Preschool and Kindergarten Program, working with the Parent Teacher Organization and the School Accountability Committee, and playing a role in establishing two parent programs in 2011 at Castle Rock Middle School and High School. 
As of August 30, no 2013 campaign donations or expenditures for Julie Keim have been reported to the Colorado Secretary of State. 
Keim's campaign website lists the following campaign themes for 2013:
Accountability to the public
Public input and respect
Note: The above quote is from the candidate's website, which may include some typographical or spelling errors.
About the district
LocationDouglas County School District is located in Douglas County, Colorado. Douglas County is located between the cities of Denver and Colorado Springs. According to the 2010 US Census, Douglas County Schools is home to 285,465 residents. The school district includes 88 schools and served 64,657 students in the 2012-2013 school year. The county seat is Castle Rock, named after a notable nearby butte. The district lies on the Colorado Piedmont and features woodlands and mesas.
Douglas County outperforms the rest of Colorado based on average household income, poverty rate and graduation rates in 2011. The average household income in Douglas County was $101,193 compared to $57,685 for the state of Colorado. The poverty rate in Douglas County was 3.5% compared to 12.5% for the entire state. The U.S. Census also found that 54.6% of Douglas County residents aged 25 years and older attained a bachelor's degree compared to a 36.3% in Colorado.
- "Julie Keim for Douglas County Schools," "Home," Accessed August 30, 2013
- "Julie Keim for Douglas County Schools," "About Julie," Accessed August 30, 2013
- Colorado Secretary of State Elections Division, "TRACER Search," accessed August 29, 2013
- "Julie Keim for Douglas County Schools," "Matters of Concern," Accessed August 30, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "2010 Census Data," accessed July 15, 2013
- Colorado Department of Education, "School Districts/Buildings and Personnel," accessed July 16, 2013
- Colorado Department of Education Communications Unit, "Statewide PreK-12 student enrollment grows for 23rd straight year," January 14, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Douglas County Quick Facts," accessed July 16, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Colorado Secretary of State, “Voter Registration Numbers,” accessed July 19, 2013