June 7, 2011 ballot measures in California
It was thought earlier in the year that one or more statewide ballot measures, including a possible Tax Increase Proposition advocated by Jerry Brown, would be on the June 7 ballot, in addition to local measures impacting cities, counties, schools and special districts. However, that did not come to pass for the June 7 ballot.
- See also: Butte County, California ballot measures
Donald Kuehne and Joanne Ward recall, Hercules, California (2011)
City of Richmond Sales Tax, Measures C and D (Advisory measure "C" was approved, but the tax itself, "D", was defeated.)
Kensington Community Services District Appropriations Limit, Measure E
Alamo Parks and Recreation County Service Area R-7A Appropriations Limit, Measure F
- Bass Lake Joint Union School District Number of Seats on Governing Board (also on ballot in Mariposa County)
- Bass Lake Joint Union School District Number of Seats on Governing Board (also on ballot in Madera County)
The following is a brief summary of events that took place during the June 7 election in California:
- In all, eleven counties had ballot measures on the June 7 ballot, with six measures so far listed as defeated, and ten listed as approved.
- Recall measures in Hercules, Contra Costa County were succesfull. They were the only recall measures listed for June 7, 2011 local elections in California.
- Only one of the four listed parcel tax questions was approved. The approved measure was in Trinity County
- A sales tax question in Siskiyou County was defeated.
- A measure asking local voters whether to approve the construction of a Walmart Supercenter in Menifee, Riverside County was approved by almost 77% of voters.
- Results are still being updated by Ballotpedia concerning a question in both Madera and Mariposa Counties. Residents in both counties were asked if Bass Lake Joint Union Elementary School District governing board should reduce the number of trustees from seven to five members. Results will appear as soon as information from county officials is collected.