|Maine House of Representatives, District 134|
|December 5, 2012-present|
|December 3, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session) |
$9,661/year/year (second regular session)
|Per diem||$38/day, plus $32/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|High school||Thornton Academy (2009)|
|Associate's||Lydon State College (2011)|
Chenette served on the State Board of Education from April 2008 to June 2009 and on the City of Saco Committee from May 2010 to August 2011.
Chenette's professional experience includes working as a Campaign Strategist with Rep. Valentino for Senate, Assistant Morning Producer for Fox 23's Good Day Maine and doing freelance public relations work for Rocky Coast Marketing.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Chenette served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• State and Local Government|
Chenette's biggest campaign issue was economic growth.
In information submitted to Ballotpedia, Chenette outlined his political philosophy and reason for seeking office:
"If we RETHINK the priorities with what the people actually want and REFORM the policies to reflect those new priorities, we can then RENEW the commitment of a Representative Democracy; advocating for the interests of people on Main Street. I'm running for office because I see the American dream starting to erode away. That idea that we can live here in the state of Maine, have a good paying job, raise a family, have access to quality healthcare, send your kids to college, own a home, and be able to retire with dignity and financial stability. Failure to provide common sense leadership in Augusta is making this an almost impossible task for so many people especially the droves of young people leaving our state. We can change the direction of this state for the better by harnessing the full potential and hard working spirit of Maine people."
Chenette won election in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 134. Chenette defeated Sonya Lundh-Gay in the June 12 Democratic primary and defeated Roland Wyman (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 134, General Election, 2012|
|Maine House of Representatives, District 134 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Chenette is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Chenette raised a total of $11,568 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 18, 2013.
|Justin Chenette's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State House, District 134||$11,568|
|Grand Total Raised||$11,568|
2012Chenette won election to the Maine House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Chenette raised a total of $11,568.
|Maine House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Justin Chenette's campaign in 2012|
|Chenette, Justin Mark||$5,375|
|Minthorn, Alan R||$535|
|Chenette, Justin Mark||$500|
|Methot, Norman M||$25|
|Total Raised in 2012||$11,568|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2012, Chenette's endorsements included the following:
- State Rep. Linda Valentino: "From the first time I saw Justin on TATV, I knew that he was someone who was going to achieve in his pursuits. I’m proud to have had a hand in mentoring him over the years such as endorsing his Gubernatorial appointment as the first student member of the Maine State Education Board. Justin is passionate about government change and transparency and will be a strong independent voice for Saco."
- Maine Education Association
- Maine AFL-CIO
- Maine State Employees Association
- Maine People's Alliance
- The Valley Voice
Chenette is a member of the following organizations: Biddeford/Saco Chamber of Commerce, Saco Spirit volunteer, Society of Professional Journalists National Diversity Committee and DemCorps Board of Directors.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Justin + Chenette + Maine + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- [http://www.maine.gov/legis/house/hsebios/chenjm.htm Maine House of Representatives - Rep. Justin Chenette
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Justin Chenette on Facebook
- Justin Chenette on Twitter
- Justin Chenette on YouTube
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Biographical information submitted via email, August 16, 2012
- The Biddeford-Saco-OOB Courier "Voter's Guide" Accessed June 8, 2012
- Bio information submitted to Ballotpedia, June 13, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State "2012 Candidate List" Accessed May 14, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, Official primary results
- followthemoney.org, "Chenette, Justin," accessed September 18, 2013
- E-mail submission to Ballotpedia, August 26, 2012
Linda Valentino (D)
|Maine House of Representatives District 134
| Succeeded by|
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |