|Date of primary||June 11, 2013|
|Attorney General of Virginia|
|High school||DeMatha Catholic High School|
|J.D.||Columbia Law School|
|Profession||Attorney, Small Business Owner|
Fairfax is a former assistant U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, having served as deputy of the Major Crimes & Narcotics Unit and on the Human Trafficking Task Force. Aside from working as a federal prosecutor, Fairfax and his wife also own a dental practice.
Fairfax holds degrees in Public Policy and Law from Duke University and Columbia Law School, respectively. While studying at Columbia, he was chosen to be on the Columbia Law Review.
- DeMatha Catholic High School
- A.B. in Public Policy Studies - Duke University
- J.D. Columbia Law School
- See also: Virginia attorney general election, 2013
Fairfax is running for election to the office of Attorney General. He is seeking the Democratic nomination for the open seat, currently occupied by Ken Cuccinelli (R). Cuccinelli is running for governor rather than another term as attorney general in the 2013 elections.
The Republican Party of Virginia is holding a closed primary convention on May 17-18, 2013 to nominate its candidates for governor, lt. governor, and attorney general. The candidate in each field who receives the highest number of delegate votes at the convention will compete against with the winners of the June 11 Democratic primary election in the general election on November 5, 2013.
- Attorney General of Virginia
- Virginia attorney general election, 2013
- Current Virginia AG Ken Cuccinelli
- Virginia State Board of Elections
- Justin Fairfax for Virginia Attorney General 2013 - Official Campaign Website
- Fairfax campaign on Facebook
- Follow Fairfax's campaign on Twitter