Difference between revisions of "KP George"
|Line 147:||Line 147:|
| 2004 || 42.1 || 57.3
| 2004 || 42.1 || 57.3
Revision as of 17:00, 28 March 2014
|Board member, Fort Bend Board of Trustees, Position 5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||May 29, 2012|
|Next general||May 10, 2014|
George was born in southern India and completed his undergraduate degree before arriving in the United States in 1993. He has since worked as a financial planner and currently co-owns a planning practice with six colleagues. George is currently the president of the Hightower High School Academy Booster Club. He and his wife, Sheeba, have three children who have attended district schools.
As of February 21, 2014, George has not reported any campaign contributions or expenditures to the district office.
As of February 21, 2014, George has not received any official endorsements for his campaign.
George's campaign website listed the following themes for 2014:
Note: The above quote is from the candidate's website, which may include some typographical or spelling errors.
What's at stake?
Newcomers Jason Burdine, Ramesh Cherivirala, Sardar Qaisar Imam and C.J. Udoagwu are vying for the Position 1 seat currently held by Susan Hohnbaum. Hohnbaum did not file for re-election by the February 28 deadline. Incumbent Bruce Albright is competing with three challengers for the Position 4 seat. Position 5 incumbent Patsy Taylor faces challenges from newcomers Kris Allfrey and KP George.
About the districtSugar Land, a city in Fort Bend County, Texas. According to the United States Census Bureau, Sugar Land is home to 82,480 residents. Fort Bend Independent School District is the seventh-largest school district in Texas, serving 69,123 students during the 2010-11 school year.
Sugar Land outperformed the rest of Texas in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 53.8% of Sugar Land residents aged 25 years and older had attained a Bachelor's degree compared to 26.3% for Texas as a whole. The median household income in Sugar Land was $107,149 compared to $51,563 for the state of Texas. The poverty rate in Sugar Land was 4.4% compared to 17.4% for the entire state.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "KP + George + Fort + Bend + Independent + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Fort Bend Independent School District, Texas
- Fort Bend Independent School District elections (2014)
- Texas' 22nd Congressional District elections, 2012
- Texas' 22nd Congressional District
- Fort Bend Independent School District, "Board Elections," accessed February 21, 2014
- KP George Campaign, "About KP George," accessed February 24, 2014
- Democratic candidate list
- Unofficial Democratic primary results
- KP George Campaign, "Issues," accessed February 24, 2014
- Fort Bend Independent School District, "Board of Trustee Candidates for May 10, 2014 Election," accessed February 21, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Sugar Land, Texas," accessed February 21, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed January 27, 2014
- Fort Bend County Elections, "Election Results," accessed February 21, 2014
|2014 Fort Bend Independent School District Elections|
|Sugar Land, Texas|
|Election date:||May 10, 2014|
|Candidates:||Position 1: • Jason Burdine • Ramesh Cherivirala • Sardar Qaisar Imam • C.J. Udoagwu|
Position 5: • Kris Allfrey • KP George • Patsy Taylor
|Important information:||What's at stake? • Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|