Kansas' 2nd Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
August 5, 2014
Heading into the election the incumbent is Lynn Jenkins (R), who was first elected in 2008.
Kansas' 2nd Congressional District coveres most of the eastern part of the state, except for the core of the Kansas City Metropolitan Area. The district encompasses less than a quarter of the state. The capital of Topeka is located within this district.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
- Lynn Jenkins - Incumbent
- Steve Fitzgerald: State Senator
- Joshua Joel Tucker
- Margie Wakefield
- Chris Clemmons
|U.S. House, Kansas District 2 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Lynn Jenkins Incumbent||57%||167,463|
|Source: Kansas Secretary of State "2012 General Election Official Vote Totals"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Kansas, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Kansas Redistricting Map "Map" accessed August 30, 2012
- ADN.com, "Kan. lawmaker to challenge Jenkins in primary," accessed January 25, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2014 Primary (official)," accessed June 2, 2014
- KSDP, "Margie Wakefield Biography - 2nd Congressional District," accessed November 20, 2013
- Chris Clemmons for Kansas, "Home," accessed December 9, 2013
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010" Accessed November 12, 2011