Kansas' 4th Congressional District
Kansas' 3rd Congressional District is located in eastern Kansas and encompasses Wyandotte and Johnson counties, which includes the Kansas City Metropolitan Area and portions of Douglas County, which includes part of Lawrence. The district includes Kansas City and the surrounding suburbs of Overland Park, Lenexa, Shawnee and Olathe.
The district previously encompassed 11 counties, including the city of Wichita.
The current representative of the 4th congressional district is Mike Pompeo (R).
The 4th congressional district of Kansas will hold an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 4, 2014.
The 4th congressional district of Kansas held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012, in which incumbent Mike Pompeo (R) won re-election. He defeated Robert Leon Tillman (D) and Thomas Jefferson (L) in the general election. 
|U.S. House, Kansas District 4 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Robert Leo Tillman||31.6%||81,770|
|Republican||Mike Pompeo Incumbent||62.2%||161,094|
|Source: Kansas Secretary of State "2012 General Election Official Vote Totals"|
The primary took place on August 7.
|Kansas' 4th Congressional District Democratic Primary, 2012|
|U.S. House, Kansas District 4 General Election, 2010|
|Reform||Susan G. Ducey||2.5%||5,041|
A KWCH poll commissioned in August 2010 showed a close race between Pompeo and Democratic candidate Raj Goyle.
|Kansas' Congressional District 4, 2010|
|Poll||Mike Pompeo (R)||Raj Goyle (D)||David Moffett (L)||Susan Ducey (RP)||Undecided||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
(August 9-11, 2010)
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted in this race. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to email@example.com|
|U.S. House, Kansas District 4, 2006|
|Republican||Todd Tiahrt incumbent||63.5%||116,386|
|Democratic||Garth J. McGinn||33.9%||62,166|
|Reform Party||Joy R. Holt||2.5%||4,655|
|U.S. House, Kansas District 4, 2004|
|Republican||Todd Tiahrt incumbent||66.1%||173,151|
|U.S. House, Kansas District 4, 2002|
|Republican||Todd Tiahrt incumbent||60.6%||115,691|
|U.S. House, Kansas District 4, 2000|
|Republican||Todd Tiahrt incumbent||54.3%||131,781|
|Libertarian||Steven A. Rosile||3.6%||8,732|
- See also: Redistricting in Kansas
In 2011, the Kansas State Legislature re-drew the Congressional districts based on updated population information from the 2010 census.
- Kansas Redistricting Map "Map" accessed August 30, 2012
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Kansas"
- Kansas Secretary of State, "August 2012 Primary Election," Accessed September 4, 2012
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- KWCH "Survey: Goyle & Pompeo square off for US House seat," August 12, 2010
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 4, 2008"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 7, 2006"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2004"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 5, 2002"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 7, 2000"