Kansas' 4th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
August 5, 2014
Heading into the election the incumbent is Mike Pompeo (R), who was first elected in 2010.
Kansas' 3rd Congressional District is located in eastern Kansas and encompasses Wyandotte and Johnson counties, which includes the Kansas City Metropolitan Area and portions of Douglas County, which includes part of Lawrence. The district includes Kansas City and the surrounding suburbs of Overland Park, Lenexa, Shawnee and Olathe.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
|U.S. House, Kansas District 4 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mike Pompeo Incumbent||62.2%||161,094|
|Democratic||Robert Leo Tillman||31.6%||81,770|
|Source: Kansas Secretary of State "2012 General Election Official Vote Totals"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Kansas, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Kansas Redistricting Map "Map" accessed August 30, 2012
- Kansas City Star, "Todd Tiahrt will run for his old seat in Congress," accessed May 31, 2014
- Washington Post, "Want to see a nasty GOP House primary? Oh, it’s just getting started in Kansas," accessed May 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2014 Primary (official)," accessed June 2, 2014
- The Wichita Eagle, "Democrat Perry Schuckman will run for Fourth District congressional seat," accessed April 12, 2014
- Biz Journals, "Perry Schuckman says he’ll run for Kansas 4th Congressional seat," accessed April 12, 2014
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010" Accessed November 12, 2011