Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Virginia, District 6|
|Master's||Harvard University, University of Alaska|
|Ph.D.||The Catholic University of America|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force|
|Place of birth||September 24, 1960|
Kwiatkowski served in the U.S. Air Force and was later assigned to the National Security Agency, where she went on to become a speech writer. She then transferred to the Pentagon, where she served till she retired from the U.S. Air Force in 2003. Kwiatkowski is also a columnist and commentator. Kwiatkowski and her husband own a ranch and have four children.
According to her website, Kwiatkowski's campaign platform included the following issues:
- Fair Tax replacing the income tax
- Fewer regulations
- Ending federal funds supporting abortion
She also said she would work to audit the Federal Reserve, repeal the Patriot Act, and cut waste, among other things.
Kwiatkowski ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Virginia's 6th District. She was defeated by incumbent Bob Goodlatte in the June 12 Republican primary. The general election was November 6, 2012. 
Goodlatte has opted not to debate Kwiatkowski.
|U.S. House, Virginia's 6th Congressional District Republican Primary, 2012|
|Bob Goodlatte Incumbent||66.5%||21,808|
- Karen Kwiatkowski campaign website "Who is Karen Kwiatkowski?" Accessed January 3, 2012
- Karen Kwiatkowski campaign website "Issues," Accessed June 9, 2012
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Virginia State Board of Elections-2012 Primary Results
- The Roanoke Star "Goodlatte / Kwiatkowski Face Off in Republican Primary," June 9, 2012