Karen M. Bisso
|New York State Assembly, District 115|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
She ran unsuccessfully as a 2012 Republican candidate for District 115 of the New York State Assembly. While she lost the Republican nomination, she won the Conservative party line and appeared on the general election ballot.
Bisso's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "But most importantly, not one elected official has stepped forward to remove the Common Core from our schools. As a proud member of the North Country Alliance for Public Education and a teacher, I will be standing with and advocating for parents to participate in the REFUSAL initiative for common core testing."
- Excerpt: "Over the last year, I have been honored to participate in and be a guest speaker at over a dozen rallies state wide protesting the SAFE Act, a law which makes law abiding citizens criminals and continues to portray New York as unfriendly."
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Assembly will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Incumbent Janet Duprey will face Karen M. Bisso in the Republican primary. Duprey is running on the Independence Party of New York State and Bisso is running on the Conservative Party ticket.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Bisso ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 115. She was defeated by David J. Kimmel and District 114 incumbent Janet L. Duprey in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012. Bisso defeated Kimmel in the Conservative Party primary, with Duprey running on the Independence Party of New York State ticket. She was defeated by Duprey in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 115, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Timothy R. Carpenter||26.1%||11,971|
|Conservative||Karen M. Bisso||20.9%||9,576|
|New York State Assembly, District 115 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Janet Duprey Incumbent||49.5%||1,584|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Karen + Bisso + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- New York State Assembly District 115
- New York State Assembly elections, 2014
- New York State Legislature
- New York State Assembly
- Official campaign website
- Karen M. Bisso on Facebook
- Karen M. Bisso on YouTube
- Adirondack Daily Enterprise, "Duprey wins GOP line," September 14, 2012
- Bisso for Assembly, "Main page," accessed August 22, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," accessed August 8, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate List for the September 13, 2012, State Primary Election," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official September 13, 2012, Primary Results," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Assembly Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |