|Illinois State Senate District 33|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Date of birth||March 1, 1957|
|Profession||Chairman, Kane County Board|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, McConnaughay served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations II|
|• Committee of the Whole|
|• Financial Institutions|
|• Public Pensions & State Investments|
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
McConnaughay won election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 33. McConnaughay defeated Cliff Surges in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012 and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 33, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Karen McConnaughay Incumbent||100%||69,573|
|Illinois State Senate Republican Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
McConnaughay and her husband, John, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Karen + McConnaughay + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Social media:
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Results
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- McConnaughay for Senate, "About," accessed January 10, 2012
Dan Kotowski (D)
|Illinois Senate District 33
| Succeeded by|