Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois State Senate District 33|
|Birthday||March 1, 1957|
|Profession||Chairman, Kane County Board|
McConnaughay serves as Chairman of the Kane County Board. She was first elected to this position in 2004, with her current term expiring on November 30, 2012.
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
McConnaughay won election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 33. McConnaughay defeated Cliff Surges in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012 and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 33, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Karen McConnaughay Incumbent||100%||69,573|
|Illinois State Senate Republican Primary, 2012|
McConnaughay moved to the Fox Valley in 1979. She has three children and currently lives in St. Charles with her husband, John.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Karen + McConnaughay + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Karen McConnaughay for State Senate Facebook page
- Biography on Kane County Board website
- Kane County, Illinois, "County Board Chairman," accessed January 10, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Results
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- McConnaughay for Senate, "About," accessed January 10, 2012