Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois State Senate District 33|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||March 1, 1957|
|Profession||Chairman, Kane County Board|
McConnaughay serves as Chairman of the Kane County Board. She was first elected to this position in 2004, with her current term expiring on November 30, 2012.
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
McConnaughay won election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 33. McConnaughay defeated Cliff Surges in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012 and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 33, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Karen McConnaughay Incumbent||100%||69,573|
|Illinois State Senate Republican Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
McConnaughay moved to the Fox Valley in 1979. She has three children and currently lives in St. Charles with her husband, John.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Karen + McConnaughay + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Should state workers retire before pension law kicks in? - Chicago Daily Herald
- How Illinois' pension deal got done - Chicago Daily Herald
- Suburban lawmakers in both parties on both sides of pension reform vote - Chicago Daily Herald
- Ill. Legislature OKs pension fix; local lawmakers split - Northwest Herald
- Fox Valley lawmakers weigh in on pension reform vote - Aurora Beacon News
- Our View: March primary gets candidates - Northwest Herald
- Quinn signs same-sex marriage into law - Kane County Chronicle
- Filing period for March primary approaches - Northwest Herald
- Clinic on phone bills set for St. Charles - Aurora Beacon News
- In Our Towns: Public invited to meeting on Elgin city budget - Elgin Courier News
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Karen McConnaughay for State Senate Facebook page
- Biography on Kane County Board website
- ↑ Kane County, Illinois, "County Board Chairman," accessed January 10, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ Illinois Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- ↑ McConnaughay for Senate, "About," accessed January 10, 2012
Dan Kotowski (D)
|Illinois Senate District 33
| Succeeded by|