|Illinois State Senate District 33|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||March 1, 1957|
|Profession||Chairman, Kane County Board|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, McConnaughay served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations II|
|• Committee of the Whole|
|• Financial Institutions|
|• Public Pensions & State Investments|
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Illinois State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Karen McConnaughay (R) ran unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
McConnaughay won election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 33. McConnaughay defeated Cliff Surges in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012 and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 33, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Karen McConnaughay Incumbent||100%||69,573|
|Illinois State Senate, District 33 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for McConnaughay is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, McConnaughay raised a total of $276,915 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 17, 2013.
|Karen McConnaughay's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Illinois State Senate, District 33||$276,915|
|Grand Total Raised||$276,915|
2012McConnaughay won election to the Illinois State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, McConnaughay raised a total of $276,915.
|Illinois State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Karen McConnaughay's campaign in 2012|
|Stand for Children||$20,985|
|Fona International Inc||$10,000|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$6,500|
|Illinois Manufacturers Association||$6,400|
|Total Raised in 2012||$276,915|
|Source:Follow the Money|
McConnaughay and her husband, John, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Karen + McConnaughay + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Social media:
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Results
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "McConnaughay, Karen," accessed July 17, 2013
- McConnaughay for Senate, "About," accessed January 10, 2012
Dan Kotowski (D)
|Illinois Senate District 33
| Succeeded by|