|Utah State Senate District 8|
|2009 - 2013|
|Per diem||$96/day (lodging) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|Utah House of Representatives|
|1999 - 2008|
|Bachelor's||University of Utah, 1976|
|Date of birth||05/02/1952|
|Place of birth||Ogden, Utah|
|Religion||Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints|
Morgan served in the Utah State House of Representatives from 1999 to 2008.
Morgan worked as a teacher for Granite School District from 1976 to 1977. She is currently a homemaker.
Morgan attended Weber State University. She went on to earn her BS in Secondary Education/Family and Consumer Studies from the University of Utah in 1976.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Morgan served on the following committees:
- Education Committee, Utah State Senate
- Ethics Committee, Utah State Senate
- Executive Appropriations
- Legislative Management Committee, Utah State Legislature
- Subcommittee on Public Education Appropriations
- Workforce Services and Community and Economic Development Committee, Utah State Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Morgan served on the following committees:
- Education Committee, Utah Senate
- Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environment Committee, Utah Senate
- Workforce Services and Community and Economic Development Committee, Utah Senate
Morgan raised $64,417 for her campaign, while Walker raised $105,722 and Phalp raised $0. 
|Utah State Senate, District 8 (2008)|
|Karen Morgan (D)||16,688||52.2%|
|Carlene Walker (R)||14,608||45.7%|
|Liz Phalp (C)||657||2.1%|
In 2008, a year in which Morgan was up for election, she collected $64,417 in donations.
Her four largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Senate Democrats of Utah||$6,000|
|Utah Education Association||$5,000|
The Sutherland Institute Scorecard
The Sutherland Institute, "a conservative public policy think tank" in Utah, releases its Scorecard for Utah State Representatives and Senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Sutherland Institute thought were pro-conservative policies.
Karen Morgan received a score of 58% in the 2012 score card.
Morgan and her husband S. Baird have four children.
- Sen. Morgan's website
- Official Utah State Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- 2008 election results, Utah State Senate, District 8
- District 8 Utah State Senate spending, 2008
- 2008 contributions to Karen Morgan
- Sutherland Institute, "2012 Legislative Session," accessed March 29, 2014
- Sutherland Institute, "2012 Sutherland Institute Legislative Scorecard," accessed October 1, 2014
|Utah Senate District 8
| Succeeded by|
Brian Shiozawa (R)