|Nebraska State Senate District 29|
|January 9, 2013 - present|
|January 4, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Per diem||$123/day for those living 50+ miles from capitol, otherwise $46/day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||Nebraska Wesleyan University|
|Master's||University of Michigan|
Bolz's professional experience includes working as an adjunct professor at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln and Nebraska Wesleyan University. She is a graduate of Nebraska Wesleyan University and earned her master's degree in social work from the University of Michigan.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bolz served on the following committees:
|Nebraska Committee Assignments, 2013|
Bolz's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I will work to promote tax fairness for all Nebraskans. We can no longer allow for an unbalanced tax burden on middle class families and small businesses who can afford it the least. I will fight for fiscal transparency and accountability to ensure your dollars are working for you."
- Excerpt:"School funding is imbalanced and pushing up our property taxes. With a growing student population in our schools, we cannot stand to receive less support as we have under the current funding formula. I will advocate for a better formula which will reduce the dependence on already escalating property taxes. I will fight to protect both education and your taxes by finding common sense solutions to adjusting the current funding formula."
- Excerpt:"It is imperative that we invest to make our state more competitive. As your senator, I will support businesses and workers. Nebraska businesses cite a “skills gap” in our workforce as a barrier to economic growth. By developing initiatives that train workers for key industries such as health care and manufacturing, we can both build opportunity for workers and create economic growth in the state."
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2012
Bolz won election in the 2012 election for Nebraska State Senate District 29. Bolz advanced past the May 15 primary election and defeated Larry Zimmerman in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nebraska State Senate, District 29, General Election, 2012|
|Nebraska State Senate District 29 Nonpartisan Primary Nonpartisan Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Bolz is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Bolz raised a total of $145,107 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 23, 2013.
|Kate Bolz's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Nebraska State Senate, District 29||$145,107|
|Grand Total Raised||$145,107|
2012Bolz won election to the Nebraska State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Bolz raised a total of $145,107.
|Nebraska State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kate Bolz's campaign in 2012|
|Nebraska State Education Association||$27,122|
|Nebraska Hospital Association||$8,000|
|Nebraska United Transportation Union||$5,500|
|Nebraska State AFL-CIO||$4,150|
|Total Raised in 2012||$145,107|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kate + Bolz + Nebraska + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Kate+Bolz+Nebraska+Senate=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Kate Bolz News Feed
- Office website
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Kate Bolz on Facebook
- Kate Bolz on Twitter
- Kate Bolz on LinkedIn
- katebolz.com - On the Issues
- journalstar.com Second candidate declares in Lincoln's District 29, November 28, 2011
- Nebraska Secretary of State, "Official Report of The Board of State Canvassers of the State of Nebraska - Primary Election, May 15, 2012," accessed 29 June 2012
- [http://www.followthemoney.org/database/uniquecandidate.phtml?uc=413845 Follow the Money, "Bolz, Kate." Retrieved May 23, 2013.
|Nebraska State Senate District 29
| Succeeded by|