For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Nevada State Treasurer|
|2006 - Present|
|Years in position||9|
Education and Career
After graduating from UC Berkeley, Marshall taught English and Commerce in Kenya as a member of the Peace Corps. She later returned to the United States and received a jurist doctorate degree from UC Berkley's School of Law, and interned for U.S. Senator Paul Laxalt's law firm in Washington, DC. She later was accepted to the United States Department of Justice's Honors program.
In 1997, Marshall moved to Nevada at the request of Nevada Attorney General to create Nevada’s Antitrust Unit as Senior Deputy Attorney General.
In 2006, Marshall was elected Nevada State Treasurer.
Ethics complaints were filed by the Nevada Republican Party against Marshall for alleged improper use of publicly-funded web pages, phone lines, and state employees for her re-election campaigns. Nevada GOP state treasurer candidate Steve Martin has also criticized Marshall for running commercials for the Nevada College Savings Plans featuring her name and voice in an election year. 
|United States House, Nevada Special Election, 2011|
|Nevada State Treasurer (2010)|
|Kate Marshall (D)||338,588||48.31%|
|Steven E. Martin (R)||307,115||43.82%|
|None of These Candidates||26,837||3.83%|
|2006 Race for Treasurer - Democratic Primary |
|Kate Marshall (D)||65.5%|
|2006 Race for Treasurer - General Election |
|Kate Marshall (D)||47.3%|
|Mark Destefano (R)||41.7%|
|Mark Andrews (IAP)||6.2%|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Kate Marshall's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Kate Marshall's Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$500,272 (Rep)||$181,743 (Rep)|
|Top 5 contributors||Searchlight Leadership Fund||$10,000||Harrahs||$10,000|
|Reliable Wetzel Energy Production||$10,000||American Federation of State County & Municipal Employees||$10,000|
|Reid for County Commissioner||$10,000||Nevada Democratic Party||$10,000|
|Marnell Properties||$10,000||Kate Marshall||$7,521|
|Bellagio||$10,000||Searchlight Leadership Fund||$7,500|
- Official biography of Kate Marshall
- Republican Party to File Ethics Complaints Against Secretary of State Ross Miller and State Treasurer Kate Marshall -- Nevada News Bureau
- Charges, Countercharges Fly Between Martin and Marshall in Race for State Treasurer -- Nevada News Bureau
- Nevada Secretary of State Ross Miller, Silver State Election "U.S. House of Representatives, District 2 (Official)"
- Nevada Secretary of State, "November 2010 General Election Results," retrieved May 14, 2011
- Nevada Secretary of State - Official 2006 Primary Election Results
- Nevada Secretary of State - Official 2006 General Election Results
- Follow the Money.org, "Home," accessed February 17, 2015
This state official-related article is in the process of being updated.