|Running for Nevada Secretary of State|
|General election||November 4, 2014|
|Nevada State Treasurer|
|2007 - Present|
|Years in position||8|
|Predecessor||Brian Krolicki (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 7, 2006|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||Two terms|
|Bachelor's||University of California, Berkeley (1982)|
|J.D.||University of California, Berkeley|
|Date of birth||July 22, 1959|
|Place of birth||San Francisco, California|
Since she is barred by term-limits from seeking a third term as state treasurer, Marshall ran for the new office of Nevada Secretary of State in November 2014. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
After graduating from UC Berkeley, Marshall taught English and Commerce in Kenya as a member of the Peace Corps. She later returned to the United States and received a jurist doctorate degree from UC Berkley's School of Law, and interned for U.S. Senator Paul Laxalt's law firm in Washington, DC. She later was accepted to the United States Department of Justice's Honors program.
In 1997, Marshall moved to Nevada at the request of Nevada Attorney General to create Nevada’s Antitrust Unit as Senior Deputy Attorney General.
In 2006, Marshall was elected Nevada State Treasurer.
- Attended, California State University-San Francisco
- B.A. - University of California, Berkeley (1982)
- J.D. - University of California, Berkeley
Nevada Treasurer (2007-Present)
- See also: Nevada secretary of state election, 2014
|United States House, Nevada Special Election, 2011|
|Nevada State Treasurer (2010)|
|Kate Marshall (D)||338,588||48.31%|
|Steven E. Martin (R)||307,115||43.82%|
|None of These Candidates||26,837||3.83%|
Ethics complaints were filed by the Nevada Republican Party against Marshall for alleged improper use of publicly-funded web pages, phone lines, and state employees for her 2010 re-election campaign. Nevada GOP state treasurer candidate Steve Martin also criticized Marshall for running commercials for the Nevada College Savings Plans featuring her name and voice in an election year. 
|2006 Race for Treasurer - Democratic Primary |
|Kate Marshall (D)||65.5%|
|2006 Race for Treasurer - General Election |
|Kate Marshall (D)||47.3%|
|Mark Destefano (R)||41.7%|
|Mark Andrews (IAP)||6.2%|
Comprehensive donor information for Marshall is available dating back to 2006. Based on available campaign finance records, Marshall raised a total of $791,841 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 23, 2013.
|Kate Marshall's Campaign Contribution History|
|Grand Total Raised||$791,841|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Kate Marshall's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Kate Marshall's Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$500,272 (Rep)||$181,743 (Rep)|
|Top 5 contributors||Searchlight Leadership Fund||$10,000||Harrahs||$10,000|
|Reliable Wetzel Energy Production||$10,000||American Federation of State County & Municipal Employees||$10,000|
|Reid for County Commissioner||$10,000||Nevada Democratic Party||$10,000|
|Marnell Properties||$10,000||Kate Marshall||$7,521|
|Bellagio||$10,000||Searchlight Leadership Fund||$7,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kate + Marshall + Nevada + Treasurer"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Nevada State Treasurer Kate Marshall
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006
- Official biography of Kate Marshall
- Kate Marshall for Secretary of State 2014 Official campaign website, "Homepage," accessed February 27, 2013
- Project Votesmart" Accessed November 1, 2012
- Official Campaign Website 2014, "Homepage," accessed February 27, 2013
- Nevada Secretary of State Ross Miller, Silver State Election "U.S. House of Representatives, District 2 (Official)"
- Nevada Secretary of State, "November 2010 General Election Results," retrieved May 14, 2011
- Republican Party to File Ethics Complaints Against Secretary of State Ross Miller and State Treasurer Kate Marshall -- Nevada News Bureau
- Charges, Countercharges Fly Between Martin and Marshall in Race for State Treasurer -- Nevada News Bureau
- Nevada Secretary of State - Official 2006 Primary Election Results
- Nevada Secretary of State - Official 2006 General Election Results
- Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Kate Marshall," accessed May 23, 2013
- Follow the Money.org
Brian Krolicki (R)
| Succeeded by|
State of Nevada
Carson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Conservation and Natural Resources | Director of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation | Chairman of Public Utilities Commission |