Katherine Lee Acuff
Acuff is an attorney with a doctorate in public health who serves on the board of directors of Mental Health America / Charlottesville-Albemarle.
Acuff won election in an unopposed race on November 5, 2013.
|Albemarle County Public Schools, Jack Jouett District, 4-year term, 2013|
|Independent||Katherine Lee Acuff||98.9%||2,945|
|Source: Albemarle County, Virginia, "November 2013 General Election Official Results," accessed December 12, 2013|
On August 21, 2013, the Albemarle County Democratic Party announced their endorsement of Katharine Lee Acuff as a candidate for the Jack Jouett District seat.
Acuff reported $3,498.49 in contributions and $1,946.53 in expenditures to the Virginia State Board of Elections, which left her campaign with $1,551.96 on hand.
What was at stake?
Three seats were up for election on the Albemarle County School Board. The candidates for the Jack Jouett, Rio and Samuel Miller Magisterial Districts all ran unopposed races. Jack Jouett District incumbent Diantha McKeel did not seek re-election, instead running for Albemarle County Supervisor.
About the districtAlbemarle County, Virginia. According to the 2010 U.S. Census, Albemarle County is home to 98,970 residents.
In terms of graduation rate, average household income and poverty rate, Albemarle County overperformed in these areas. The graduation rate was 90.4% compared to 86.6% statewide. The average household income was $65,934 compared to $63,302 in the entire state. Albemarle County had a poverty rate of 8.8%, while the poverty rate for Virginia was 10.7%.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Katherine + Lee + Acuff + Albemarle + County + Public + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sean Tubbs Charlottesville Tomorrow Republicans won’t challenge McKeel in Jack Jouett, published June 3, 2013
- The Daily Progress Albemarle Democrats endorse Acuff, accessed October 2, 2013
- Virginia State Board of Elections Campaign Finance Reports," accessed December 19, 2013
- Quick Facts Accessed September 17, 2013]
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "Election Results," accessed September 17, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014