|Colorado House of Representatives District 61|
|Profession||Co-Owner, Tomichi Creek Natural Beef, Inc|
Kathleen Curry was an Unaffiliated member of the Colorado House of Representatives. She represented the 61st District from 2005 to 2011. Curry served as Speaker Pro Tempore before she left the Democratic party.
Curry is the co-owner of Tomichi Creek Natural Beef, Incorporated, and has previously worked as a Manager with the Upper Gunnison River Water Conservancy District, Water Rights Specialist with Wright Water Engineers, and Physical Scientist with the Colorado Water Conservation Board.
She is a member of the Colorado Water Foundation Board, Colorado Water Resources Research Institute Advisory Board, and the Gunnison Cattlewomen's Association.
Curry did not provide answers to the Colorado State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Agriculture and Natural Resources (Vice Chair)
- Agriculture, Livestock, & Natural Resources Committee (Chair)
- Appropriations Committee
Curry's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 09-1199 - Healthy Forests Vibrant Communities Act
- HB 09-1299 - National Popular Vote Agreement
- HB 09-1326 - Integrity Of Citizen-Initiated Petitions
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Curry lost re-election to the 61st District seat in 2010. She was defeated by Democrat Roger Wilson in the general election.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 61 General election (2010)|
|Roger Wilson (D)||9,657|
|Kathleen Curry (L)||9,298|
|Luke Korkowski (R)||8,987|
Curry raised $24,384 for her campaign.
Below are Curry's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|CO Professional Fire Fighters||$4,000|
|CO Assoc of Realtors||$1,900|
|Ken & Emily Ransford||$800|
- Kathleen Curry's personal website
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Kathleen Curry on Facebook
- Curry drops Democratic affiliation
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Curry
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Curry Issue Positions
- Colorado Secretary of State, - 2012 Primary Candidate List
- Colorado Secretary of State, Official Primary Election Results
- 2008 general election results, Colorado
- Colorado House spending, 2008
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Colorado House District 61
| Succeeded by|