Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Governor of Wisconsin|
|Dane County Executive|
|April 1997 – April 2011|
|Bachelor's||Stanford University (1973)|
|J.D.||University Of Wisconsin Law School (1976)|
|Place of birth||Milwaukee, Wisconsin|
- See also: Scott Walker recall, Wisconsin (2012)
Kathleen Falk for Governor campaign video
Falk is running for Wisconsin Governor in the recall election against incumbent Gov. Scott Walker. Recall petitions were turned in on January 17, 2012 and certified on March 30. Falk declared her candidacy on January 18. Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, State Sen. Kathleen Vinehout and Secretary of State Douglas La Follette are also seeking the Democratic nomination in the race. Gladys Huber entered the race as a Democrat, but is actually a Republican. She is running as a protest candidate in order to ensure a Democratic primary. Hariprasad "Hari" Trivedi is running as an independent.
The primary will take place on May 8 with the general election on June 5.
If elected, Falk said she would overturn the state's new voter ID law because it discourages voters. She also said she would increase transparency.
- The Northwestern, "Former Dane County Executive Kathleen Falk, a Democrat, announces she's running for governor; Walker says he's ready," January 18, 2012
- Wisconsin State Journal, "GOP's fake Democrats for recall primaries named," April 5, 2012
- WTAQ, "Recall elections officially ordered against Gov. Walker, 5 other GOP lawmakers," March 30, 2012
- Post Crescent, "Wisconsin Democrat Kathleen Falk wants to overturn state's voter ID law," March 6, 2012
- EMILY's List, "EMILY’s List Endorses Kathleen Falk for Governor of Wisconsin," February 16, 2012
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "AFSCME endorses Falk for governor," February 20, 2012