Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Governor of Wisconsin|
|Dane County Executive|
|April 1997 – April 2011|
|Bachelor's||Stanford University (1973)|
|J.D.||University Of Wisconsin Law School (1976)|
|Place of birth||Milwaukee, Wisconsin|
- See also: Scott Walker recall, Wisconsin (2012)
Kathleen Falk for Governor campaign video
Recall petitions were turned in on January 17, 2012 and certified on March 30. Falk declared her candidacy on January 18. She faced Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, State Sen. Kathleen Vinehout, Secretary of State Douglas La Follette and protest candidate Gladys Huber in the May 8 primary. Hariprasad "Hari" Trivedi is running as an independent.
If elected, Falk said she would have overturned the state's new voter ID law because it discourages voters. She also said she would increase transparency.
|Wisconsin Governor Recall - Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Doug La Follette||2.9%||19,497|
|Election Results Via:Wisconsin Government Accountability Board.|
- Chicago Tribune, "Walker, Barrett begin sprint to historic vote," May 9, 2012
- The Northwestern, "Former Dane County Executive Kathleen Falk, a Democrat, announces she's running for governor; Walker says he's ready," January 18, 2012
- Wisconsin State Journal, "GOP's fake Democrats for recall primaries named," April 5, 2012
- WTAQ, "Recall elections officially ordered against Gov. Walker, 5 other GOP lawmakers," March 30, 2012
- Post Crescent, "Wisconsin Democrat Kathleen Falk wants to overturn state's voter ID law," March 6, 2012
- EMILY's List, "EMILY’s List Endorses Kathleen Falk for Governor of Wisconsin," February 16, 2012
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "AFSCME endorses Falk for governor," February 20, 2012