- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2010
| Texas State Senate, District 2 |
2010 General election results
|Bob Deuell (R)||105,779||66.38%|
|Kathleen Maria Shaw (D)||53,566||33.61%|
- Graduated from Prarie View A&M University.
Shaw serves as an alternate representative on the Advisory Council of House District 109.
Before running for the Texas State Senate, Shaw was a Chair for Dallas County Precinct 4109 and Community Coordinator of the Parkway Subdivision in Cedar, Texas.
In 2005, Shaw was a Cedar Hill City Council candidate and still holds membership.
- "Advocate for the Common Man - SHAW CAN"
- Supports increased funding
- Supports Mass Transit solution for congestion
- Opposes the Trans Texas Corridor due to eminent domain abuse and foreign company control
- Opposes freeway toll roads in favor of traditional, voter approved toll roads
- Opposes motor fuel tax increase
- Supports ending diversion of transportation funds
- Supports mandated contributions of renewable energy sources
- Supports emission-cutting Greenhouse gas regulation
- Supports carbon-capture technology investment
- Supports funding new water projects
- Supports increased funding, especially for early childhood and the maths and sciences
- Supports a public school financial literacy campaign
- Supports confronting high high school dropout rates with an expanded curriculum and accountability
- Supports regular, mandatory teacher salary increases.
- Supports reining in college tuition costs
- Supports aggressive assimilation immigrants
- Supports Dual-Language Learner program
- Supports a restructured, streamlined naturalization process
Shaw currently resides in Cedar Hill, Texas with her husband, Charlie. The couple has four kids. She is also a practicing member of the Gospel Tabernacle Church in Dallas.
Shaw is an alum of Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority.
812 Parkside Dr.
Cedar Hill, Texas 75104