Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 22|
|1998 - Present|
|Years in position||16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Place of birth||Abington, PA|
|Profession||Co-owner, B & B Presentations, Inc.|
Byron is the co-owner of B&B Presentations, Incorporated.
Delegate Byron speaking on the House floor
- Science and Technology (Chair)
- Subcommittee #2
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #1
- Special Subcommittee on Energy
- HB 2125 Zoning; person to post sign notifying public of place & time of public hearing regarding property.
- HB 2126 Employing illegal aliens; relocate provision requiring cancellation of limited liability companies.
- HB 2127 Bank accounts, minors'; authorizes bank to establish deposit account in which minors are sole owner. 
Byron is running for re-election to the District 22 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. She is unopposed in the August 23 primary and the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Kathy was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. She ran unopposed. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 22 (2009)|
|Kathy Byron (R)||18,107|
On her official website Byron explains her priority issues:
- Economic Development - "I've gotten funding for workforce training to give our folks the tools they need and I'm focusing on helping to bring new industry to Campbell and Bedford counties."
- Education - "Our children deserve safe schools that focus on fundamentals like reading, math and science. In addition, I support accountability for schools to ensure no child gets left behind."
- Health Care - "Patients and their doctors, not bureaucratic bean-counters, should make treatment decisions."
- Public Safety - "I've worked hard to crack down on crime - especially crime against our children...We must strengthen public safety in our communities so we can deal with the new threats that face our citizens."
- Taxes - "We don't need tax increases in order to fund important government functions like education, public safety and transportation. I will continue to support funding vital services while working to keep taxes low."
- Traditional Values - "I've stood up to the liberals and defended our traditional values. From sponsoring legislation cracking down on child pornographers to supporting bills protecting human life and a moment of silence in our schools, I have fought for our values of faith in God, personal integrity and stronger families."
The top 5 donors to Byron's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Bankers Assoc||$5,652|
|Virginia Credit Union League||$4,500|
|Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield||$3,500|
Byron and her husband, Jack, have three children.
- Delegate Kathy Byron official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Byron
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 22
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |