Difference between revisions of "Kathy Castor"
m (→Recent news)
|Line 134:||Line 134:|
|inddonor5 = $34,000
|inddonor5 = $34,000
Revision as of 12:59, 25 August 2012
|U.S. House, Florida, District 11|
|January 3, 2007-Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 7, 2006|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Hillsborough County Board of Commissioners|
|High school||Tampa’s Chamberlain High School|
|J.D.||Florida State University College of Law|
|Birthday||August 20, 1966|
|Place of birth||Miami, Florida|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Career
- 3 Committee assignments
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Analysis
- 7 Recent news
- 8 Personal
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Due to redistricting, Castor is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Florida's 14th District. Castor is seeking re-election on the Democratic ticket. The signature filing deadline was June 8, 2012, with the primary taking place on August 14, 2012.
Castor was born in Miami, Florida, and raised in Tampa. She holds a bachelors degree in political science from Emory University, which she earned in 1988, and proceeded to earn a J.D. from Florida State University College of Law in 1991.
Prior to 2002, Castor worked as an attorney.
- U.S. House of Representatives, Florida's 11th congressional district
- 2002-2006: Hillsborough County Board of Commissioners
- Assistant General Counsel, Florida Department of Community Affairs
- Former President of the Florida Association of Women Lawyers
U.S. House of Representatives
Castor serves on the following committees:
- United States House of Representatives Committee on Budget
- United States House of Representatives Committee on Energy and Commerce
- Subcommittee on Energy and Power
- Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
Due to redistricing, Castor is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Florida's 14th District. Castor is seeking re-election on the Democratic ticket. The signature filing deadline was June 8, 2012, with the primary taking place on August 14, 2012.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Florida's 11th Congressional District, General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Kathy Castor Incumbent||59.6%||91,328|
|U.S. House of Representatives, Florida's 11th Congressional District, 2010 - Kathy Castor Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$510,417|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$501,047|
|Top contributors to Kathy Castor's campaign committee|
|American Hospital Assn||$11,680|
|American Assn for Justice||$10,000|
|Florida Police Benevolent Assn||$10,000|
|Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$10,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Public Sector Unions||$35,500|
|Building Trade Unions||$34,000|
Congressional Staff Salaries
The website Legistorm compiles staff salary information for members of Congress. Castor paid her congressional staff a total of $914,951 in 2011. She ranks 30th on the list of the lowest paid Democratic Representative Staff Salaries and she ranks 158th overall of the lowest paid Representative Staff Salaries in 2011. Overall, Florida ranks 36th in average salary for representative staff. The average U.S. House of Representatives congressional staff was paid $954,912.20 in fiscal year 2011.
Based on congressional financial disclosure forms and calculations made available by OpenSecrets.org - The Center for Responsive Politics, Castor's net worth as of 2010 was estimated between $575,035 and $1,753,000. That averages to $1,164,017.50, which is lower than the average net worth of Democratic Representatives in 2010 of $4,465,875 .
Percentage voting with party
Kathy Castor voted with the Democratic Party 93 of the time, which ranked 70 among the 192 House Democratic members as of November 2011.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Kathy + Castor + Florida + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this official due to the nature of the search engine.
Kathy and her husband, Bill Lewis, have two daughters, Julia and Chrissy. She is the daughter of former USF President and Florida Education Commissioner, Betty Castor, and retired Hillsborough County Judge, Don Castor.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- AP Results "U.S. House Results" Accessed August 14, 2012
- Gov Track "Jo Bonner," Accessed April 11, 2012
- Tampa Bay Online "Retired Colonel to Run for Castor’s Seat" Accessed December 2, 2011
- Representative Kathy Castor "Biography" Accessed October 18, 2011
- Kathy Castor for Congress "Meet Kathy" Accessed October 18, 2011
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Open Secrets "Kathy Castor 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed October 27, 2011
- LegiStorm "Kathy Castor"
- OpenSecrets.org, "Castor, (R-Florida), 2010"
- OpenCongress, "Voting With Party," accessed July 2014
|U.S. House of Representatives - Florida, District 11
| Succeeded by|
|Hillsborough County Board of Commissioners
| Succeeded by|