|U.S. House, Florida, District 11|
|January 3, 2007-Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 7, 2006|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Hillsborough County Board of Commissioners|
|High school||Tampa’s Chamberlain High School|
|J.D.||Florida State University College of Law|
|Birthday||August 20, 1966|
|Place of birth||Miami, Florida|
Due to redistricting, Castor is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Florida's 14th District. Castor is seeking re-election on the Democratic ticket. The signature filing deadline was June 8, 2012, with the primary taking place on August 14, 2012.
Castor was born in Miami, Florida, and raised in Tampa. She holds a bachelors degree in political science from Emory University, which she earned in 1988, and proceeded to earn a J.D. from Florida State University College of Law in 1991.
Prior to 2002, Castor worked as an attorney.
- U.S. House of Representatives, Florida's 11th congressional district
- 2002-2006: Hillsborough County Board of Commissioners
- Assistant General Counsel, Florida Department of Community Affairs
- Former President of the Florida Association of Women Lawyers
U.S. House of Representatives
Castor serves on the following committees:
- United States House of Representatives Committee on Budget
- United States House of Representatives Committee on Energy and Commerce
- Subcommittee on Energy and Power
- Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
Percentage voting with party
The website OpenCongress tracks how often members of Congress vote with the majority of the chamber caucus. According to the website, Kathy Castor has voted with the Democratic Party 93 of the time, which ranked 70 among the 192 House Democratic members as of November 2011.
Due to redistricing, Castor is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Florida's 14th District. Castor is seeking re-election on the Democratic ticket. The signature filing deadline was June 8, 2012, with the primary taking place on August 14, 2012.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Florida's 11th Congressional District, General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Kathy Castor Incumbent||59.6%||91,328|
|U.S. House of Representatives, Florida's 11th Congressional District, 2010 - Kathy Castor Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$510,417|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$501,047|
|Top contributors to Kathy Castor's campaign committee|
|American Hospital Assn||$11,680|
|American Assn for Justice||$10,000|
|Florida Police Benevolent Assn||$10,000|
|Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$10,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Public Sector Unions||$35,500|
|Building Trade Unions||$34,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Kathy + Castor + Florida + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this official due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Kathy+Castor+Florida+House&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Kathy Castor News Feed
Kathy and her husband, Bill Lewis, have two daughters, Julia and Chrissy. She is the daughter of former USF President and Florida Education Commissioner, Betty Castor, and retired Hillsborough County Judge, Don Castor.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Gov Track "Jo Bonner," Accessed April 11, 2012
- Tampa Bay Online "Retired Colonel to Run for Castor’s Seat" Accessed December 2, 2011
- Representative Kathy Castor "Biography" Accessed October 18, 2011
- Kathy Castor for Congress "Meet Kathy" Accessed October 18, 2011
- OpenCongress "Voting With Party"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Open Secrets "Kathy Castor 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed October 27, 2011
|U.S. House of Representatives - Florida, District 11
| Succeeded by|
|Hillsborough County Board of Commissioners
| Succeeded by|