|Oregon House of Representatives District 22|
LeCompte is the owner of Brooks Tree Farm, Inc. She has served as president of the Oregon Association of Nurseries, chair of the Oregon Nursery Political Action Committee, and chair of the Oregon Nursery PAC's Government Relations Committee. She is married to her husdband, David.
On her 2012 campaign site, LeCompte outlines her campaign themes:
- "I am frustrated with politicians and government. Every time we turn around another promise is broken and new excuses are made. I want my elected leaders to tell me the truth about our problems and then I want them to go to work trying to fix them and not resort to partisan infighting. As a farmer, a mom and community volunteer, I have learned the value of being honest and direct with those I care about the most. Rather than complain about government, I finally decided to take those same characteristics to the campaign trail. I want to do my part and do it in a way that is believable and sincere."
LeCompte's campaign website listed several main issues:
- Create jobs: "Over burdening the private sector with excessive taxation stifles our economy of new jobs and free enterprise. We need to rebuild Oregon with the goal of reducing unemployment and attracting long term jobs for future generations."
- Cut Spending: "The problems facing our state are curable, but we must have elected officials who are willing to make the tough decisions. Career politicians are too afraid to tackle controversial issues because they're only interested in furthering their careers. I will rise to the challenges ahead of us and take on the budget tribulations with a common sense approach that will benefit job creation, stimulate our economy and grow our rainy day surplus for the next recession."
- Environment: "We need to push our environmental initiatives into the 21st Century. We need to sensible when it comes to energy extraction and support agendas that will benefit the local communities while preserving the pristine natural beauty. We need homegrown jobs and Oregon is ripe for Green Job initiatives. Let's work together towards the solutions needed to bring our state into a new dawn of prosperity."
- Fix Education: "Our schools are failing at an alarming rate; we have to fix education in Oregon. Instead of closing important institutions like The School for the Blind and eliminating programs like Shop, Art and PE, we should be fighting to elevate the standard for all Oregon schools."
- Illegal Immigration: "With a streamlined legal immigration process we can admit the needed workforce, monitor their numbers and keep the criminals out, while providing a safe work environment for everyone."
LeCompte ran for election in the 2012 election for Oregon House District 22. LeCompte defeated Tom Chereck, Jr. in the May 15 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Betty Komp (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 22, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Betty Komp Incumbent||53.7%||7,524|
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 22 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Tom Chereck, Jr.||20.2%||399|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kathy + LeCompte + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Official campaign Facebook page
- Official campaign Twitter page
- Campaign Myspace profile.
- Campaign YouTube channel
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Secretary of State, 2012 Candidate Information, "Kathryn LeCompte"
- Project Vote Smart Biography, "Kathy LeCompte"