was a 2012 Democratic
candidate for District 29
of the Oregon House of Representatives
- See also: Oregon House of Representatives elections, 2012
Riley ran in the 2012 election for Oregon House District 29. Riley was defeated by Ben Unger in the Democratic primary on May 15. Incumbent Katie Eyre (R) ran unopposed in the Republican primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 29 Democratic Primary, 2012
| Katie Riley
- See also: Oregon House of Representatives elections, 2010
Riley was defeated in the November 2 general election by Katie Brewer (R).
Riley's campaign website listed seven main issues:
- Putting Oregonians Back To Work: "She will work to cut red tape and expand access to loans to help our small business sector begin to thrive again. We need to help our small businesses first so they can hire more Oregonians. It’s time to end tax breaks for out-of-state corporations and companies that ship jobs overseas..."
- Affordable and Accessible Healthcare: "One in three Oregonians does not have health insurance and over 75% of those uninsured are part of working families. To help ease this burden Katie will work tirelessly to make health care more affordable for everyone. Additionally, Katie will work to lower health care costs by demanding insurance companies finally reveal how much they spend on administrative costs rather than patient care and by including the essential preventative care services that will decrease trips to the emergency room."
- Keeping Government Accountable to Us: "Katie has years of practical experience effectively managing multi-million dollar projects. She will use that background to make state agencies more accountable and efficient, ensuring that we are not wasting taxpayer money. She also supports more oversight for state pension funds invested on Wall Street and will hold big banks accountable to everyday Oregonians."
- Protecting Schools: "Quality education is the foundation of the economy and the future of Oregon and its citizens. Katie will always protect full-year funding for Oregon schools and increase access to college grants and loans... In addition, Katie will fight to rein in college tuition to make sure that no Oregonian is priced out of an education."
- Positive Programs for Kids: "Adolescents who participate in positive extracurricular activities are less likely to engage in risky behavior (drugs, alcohol, sex, crime) during out-of-school time. Community school programs provide recreational activities, classes, and service learning that contributes to teen growth and to the welfare of their community..."
- Protecting our Environment for the Future: "Katie will roll up her sleeves to ensure that Oregon will continue to be a national leader in sustainability while creating jobs in the clean and renewable energy sector. Katie will work hard to bring more clean energy jobs to our communities while protecting the farms, forests, and open spaces that make Oregon such a wonderful place to live."
- Protecting Consumers from Deceptive Practices: "[Katie] will demand that government hold big banks, insurance corporations, and credit card companies accountable by putting an end to the deceptive practices that caused the current recession. Katie will also ensure that the Attorney General can prosecute Wall Street companies that use fraudulent information to deceive consumers into bad loans."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Katie + Riley + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Katie Riley News Feed