|Illinois House of Representatives District 50|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Profession||Senior Marketing Director, Senior Services Associates|
- 1 Committee assignments
- 2 Issues
- 3 Elections
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Scorecards
- 6 Personal
- 7 Recent news
- 8 External links
- 9 References
Hatcher's professional experience includes working as a Senior Marketing Director for Senior Services Associates.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hatcher served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Accountability & Administrative Review|
|• Appropriations-General Service|
|• Human Services|
|• Public Utilities|
|• Tourism & Conventions|
|• Transportation: Vehicles & Safety|
|• Veterans' Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hatcher's committee assignments were not recorded on the state website.
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hatcher served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Appropriations-Public Safety|
|• Counties & Townships|
|• Transportation, Regulation, Roads|
|• Vehicles & Safety|
Hatcher's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Experience with the DuKane Valley Council and the Kendall Mayors and Managers taught me the importance of strategically planning regional roadway expansion and repair."
- Excerpt: "Experience with one of the fastest growing school districts in the state taught me the complexity of the funding issue, and gives me a unique insight into possible solutions."
- Chaos in Springfield
- Excerpt: "Leadership experience on elected and volunteer boards taught me to seek collaboration and cooperation to achieve a common goal, rather than conflict. I don’t care who gets the credit, as long as the people are well served."
- The Budget Crisis
- Excerpt: "I am a fiscal conservative, and believe you should not spend money you don’t have. ...Fiscal responsibility, free markets and a respect for preserving individual freedoms are all part of their criteria."
- The Business Environment
- Excerpt: "Experience as a member of many Illinois Chambers of Commerce and the Valley Industrial Association taught me that more taxes are not the answer."
Hatcher won re-election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 50. Hatcher was unopposed in the March 20 Republican primary and defeated Andrew Bernard (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 50, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kay Hatcher Incumbent||63.9%||29,934|
Hatcher won re-election to the 50th District seat against Democrat Linda Healy. She defeated Keith Wheeler(7,731 votes), and Bob McQuillan(2,552 votes) in the Republican primary on February 2nd. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 50 (2010)|
|Kay Hatcher (R)||38,554||68.35%|
|Linda Healy (D)||17,851||31.65%|
On November 4, 2008, Republican Kay Hatcher won re-election to the Illinois House of Representatives District 50 receiving 44,850 votes, ahead of Democrat Mary Schneider (30,617 votes), and Sandra Lezon (Green) who received 2,684 votes.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 50 (2008)|
|Kay Hatcher (R)||38,031|
|Mary Schneider (D)||5,631|
|Sandra Lezon (G)||2,684|
On November 7, 2006, Republican Patricia Reid Lindner won re-election to the Illinois House of Representatives District 50 receiving 31,677 votes ahead of Democrat Joseph Serra who received 15,603 votes.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 50 (2006)|
|Patricia Reid Lindner (R)||31,677|
|Joseph Serra (D)||15,603|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Hatcher collected $202,403 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below:
|Illinois House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kay Hatcher's campaign in 2010|
|Illinois Health Care Association||$21,559|
|Rich Harvest Farms||$14,852|
|Citizens To Elect Tom Cross||$7,219|
|Associated Beer Distributors Of Illinois||$7,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$202,403|
In 2008, Hatcher collected $184,903 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to her campaign.
|Friends of Kay Hatcher||$26,513|
|Citizens to Elect Tom Cross||$8,075|
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Hatcher received a score of 75.00 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of B- according to the IOP’s grading scale. Her score was tied for the 12th highest among all 120 members of the Illinois House of Representatives included in the Vote Card.
Hatcher is a member of the Boy Scouts Board, Conservation Foundation Leadership Board, Court Appointed Special Advocate Board, Dukane Valley Council Board, Girl Scouts Board, Greater Aurora Chamber Legislative Chairman, Kendall County Forest Preserve President, Rotary Club President, United Way member, and the Valley Industrial Association Board.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Kay + Hatcher + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Kay Hatcher (R) 50th District
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008
- Illinois General Assembly, "Representative Kay Hatcher (R), 50th District," accessed January 20, 2013
- Kay Hatcher, "Issues," accessed October 24, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- Illinois Official 2010 General Election Results
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006
- Follow the money - Illinois House 2010 donors
- Hatcher Campaign Donors
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Hatcher
|Illinois House of Representatives District 50
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |