Keiffer Mitchell, Jr.
|Keiffer Mitchell, Jr.|
|Maryland House of Delegates District 44|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Emory University, 1990|
|J.D.||University of the District of Columbia School of Law, 1994|
|Birthday||September 28, 1967|
|Place of birth||Baltimore, Maryland|
Mitchell earned his B.A. in Political Science from Emory University in 1990 and his J.D. from the University of the District of Columbia School of Law in 1994. His professional experience includes working as an attorney, law clerk for the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, a small business banking officer at Wachovia Bank, business development officer, and history teacher at the Boys' Latin School.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Mitchell served on these committees:
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbent Keith E. Haynes defeated incumbents Keiffer J. Mitchell, Jr. and Melvin L. Stukes in the Democratic primary.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 44A Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Keith E. Haynes Incumbent||43.4%||1,734|
|Keifer J. Mitchell, Jr. Incumbent||39.4%||1,574|
|Melvin L. Stukes Incumbent||17.3%||691|
Mitchell ran against nine other Democratic candidates in the September 14 primary. He came in second to advance.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 44 General Election (2010)|
|Keiffer Mitchell, Jr. (D)||15,068|
|Keith Haynes (D)||14,879|
|Melvin Stukes (D)||13,994|
|Brian Jones (R)||1,837|
|Trae Lewis (R)||1,224|
In 2010, Mitchell raised $67,199 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Baltimore City Fraternal Order Of Police||$4,000|
|Service Employees Dc & Maryland State Council 54||$2,000|
Mitchell is married and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Keiffer + Mitchell + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland House of Delegates
- Maryland House Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland House of Delegates District 44
- House website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Unofficial Results for the 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election," accessed June 25, 2014
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |