Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Massachusetts House District Twelfth Bristol|
|2011 - present|
|January 5, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$10 - $100/day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||September 20, 2011|
|First elected||September 20, 2011|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Orrall has worked as both a public school teacher and a secretary. She is a graduate of Smith College and has served on the Lakeville Finance Committee. Orrall has also been involved with the Lakeville Town Republican Committee and Lakeville Citizens for Fiscal Responsibility. She is married to her husband Norman. They have two children.
On her campaign website, Orrall details his policy positions and campaign themes:
- Jobs and the Economy: "The only way to encourage job growth is to develop common sense economic policies that will help businesses in the private sector grow and flourish. I support lower taxes, hiring incentives, and the reduction of oppressive regulations..."
- Fiscal Responsibility: "Our state government taxes, spends, and grows too much for us to afford. We cannot continue to support irresponsible spending at the state level at the expense of local aid that is critical to our cities and towns."
- Taxes: "We must live within our means. We cannot keep coming back to the taxpayer for more revenue. When we lower taxes it stimulates economic growth and job creation."
- Education: "The first thing we need to do is to increase Chapter 70 local aid for education, and we can do that by cutting wasteful spending at the state level, especially at the Massachusetts Department of Secondary and Elementary Education. Our education dollars need to be spent in the local classrooms and not the state education bureaucracy..."
- Government Accountability: "I will not take gas travel stipends or a pension. We cannot elect people who are trying to make this position a career..."
- Immigration: "We must enforce our immigration laws. We do not have the money to pay for housing, schooling, and medical care for people who are not following the rules of the United States. We do not have the funds to pay for in-state tuition for people who are here without proper documentation..."
- Fraud/Mismanagement: "We need accountability for those receiving taxpayer funds at all levels. The people of Massachusetts are willing to help those in need, but we cannot continue to assist people who are abusing the system. We must get people to work as independent and contributing members of society and off of government assistance. "
- Constituent Services: "I am committed to listening to YOU so that YOUR VOICE will be heard loud and clear on Beacon Hill."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Keiko + Orrall + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Coast Today, "Keiko Orrall, Candidate for 12th Bristol District," August 1, 2011 (Candidate Profile)
- South Coast Today, "2 Lakeville Republicans square off in 12th Bristol primary," August 9, 2011
- SouthCoastToday.com, Suburbs dominate race for Canessa seat, July 28, 2011
- South Coast Today, "Keiko Orrall, Candidate for 12th Bristol District," August 1, 2011
- Taunton Daily Gazettee, "Orral, Brunelle victorious in primary election for Canessa's state representative seat," August 24, 2011
- Taunton Daily Gazette, "Keiko Orrall elected to Canessa's Massachusetts House seat," September 20, 2011
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Bristol 12
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |
Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court | Appeals Court | Superior Courts | District Courts | Probate and Family Courts | Juvenile Courts | Housing Courts | Land Courts | Boston Municipal Courts | Judicial selection in Massachusetts |