Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives District 76|
Allard's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Enact a Part-time Legislature, Cut Legislator Benefits
- Excerpt:"No elected official should be entitled to health care beyond the time they are serving in the Legislature. The Legislature will never gain the political and moral capital needed to reform other areas of state government if they do not look first at their own positions."
Jobs and Economic Growth
- Excerpt:"The tax code and regulatory system in our state have become another way for politicians to reward special interest groups and meddle in areas they do not belong. Big Business and Big Union write the rules, and our small business owners see more hours away from their family spent filling out silly forms and more of their hard-earned profits go to the state."
- Excerpt:"I am pro-life, and my guiding principles on issues of life are that all life is precious, it begins at conception and ends with natural death, and we all share a responsibility to protect it from the womb-to-the-tomb. "
Rightsizing Public Employee Benefits
- Excerpt:"We must reform the collective bargaining process for public employees. It must be a process that leaves everything on the table and serves to protect the taxpayer."
- Excerpt:"I would support a wide range of measures to ensure public safety while bringing our costs in line with neighboring states, including reforms of sentencing laws to give judges more leeway in determining sentencing guidelines, the replacement of the parole board with civil servants instead of political appointees, a streamlined medical parole process and the restoration of ‘good time’ parole credits for inmates who make serious efforts to improve their education or technical training."
Allard ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 76. He was an Independent candidate with no party affiliation and was defeated by Winnie Brinks (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Keith + Allard + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |