Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 76|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Allard's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Enact a Part-time Legislature, Cut Legislator Benefits
- Excerpt: "No elected official should be entitled to health care beyond the time they are serving in the Legislature. The Legislature will never gain the political and moral capital needed to reform other areas of state government if they do not look first at their own positions."
Jobs and Economic Growth
- Excerpt: "The tax code and regulatory system in our state have become another way for politicians to reward special interest groups and meddle in areas they do not belong. Big Business and Big Union write the rules, and our small business owners see more hours away from their family spent filling out silly forms and more of their hard-earned profits go to the state."
- Excerpt: "I am pro-life, and my guiding principles on issues of life are that all life is precious, it begins at conception and ends with natural death, and we all share a responsibility to protect it from the womb-to-the-tomb. "
Rightsizing Public Employee Benefits
- Excerpt: "We must reform the collective bargaining process for public employees. It must be a process that leaves everything on the table and serves to protect the taxpayer."
- Excerpt: "I would support a wide range of measures to ensure public safety while bringing our costs in line with neighboring states, including reforms of sentencing laws to give judges more leeway in determining sentencing guidelines, the replacement of the parole board with civil servants instead of political appointees, a streamlined medical parole process and the restoration of ‘good time’ parole credits for inmates who make serious efforts to improve their education or technical training."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Incumbent Winnie Brinks was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Donijo DeJonge defeated Keith Allard and Stan Milanowski in the Republican primary. Brinks defeated DeJonge and William Mohr (U.S. Taxpayers) in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 76 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Winnie Brinks Incumbent||52.1%||15,804|
|U.S. Taxpayers||William Mohr||2.3%||689|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 76 Republican Primary, 2014|
Allard ran as an independent in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 76. He was an Independent candidate with no party affiliation and was defeated by Winnie Brinks (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Keith + Allard + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 76
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 1, 2014
- "keithallard," Official Campaign Website
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Michigan Department of State "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed June 5, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |