|Montana State Senate District 20|
| Term in office began|
2003 (District 1), 2007 (DIstrict 20)
| Term in office ended|
Bales earned his BS in Agriculture Production from Montana State University-Bozeman in 1967.
Bales served as 2nd Lieutenant in the United States Army in 1968. In 1969 he served as 1st Lieutenant in Vietnam. He was a Platoon Leader in the United States Army, in Vietnam, from 1968 to 1970. He worked as Vice President for Bales Ranch Incorporated from 1970 to 1990. He has been President of Bales Ranch Incorporated since then.
Bales served in the Montana State House of Representatives from 2001 to 2003. He has also served on the Powder River Republican Central Committee since 1988. He joined the Montana State Senate in 2003. He has served in that position since, representing the 20th district.
- Committee on Committees, Montana Senate
- Finance and Claims Committee, Montana Senate
- State Administration Committee, Montana Senate
|Montana State Senate, District 20 (2006)|
|Keith Bales (R)||6,365|
In 2006, Bales collected $6,220 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|MDU Resources Group||$260|
|Montana Petroleum Association||$130|
|Plum Creek Timber Company||$130|
Bales and his wife, Christl, have two children.
- Keith Bales official Montana State Senate website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
|Montana Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|
Frederick "Eric" Moore