|U.S. House, South Carolina, District 1|
|Bachelor's||Virginia Polytechnic Institute|
|Service/branch||US Army National Guard, US Navy Reserves|
Keith Blandford was a Republican candidate who sought election to the U.S. House in the special election for the 1st Congressional District of South Carolina. Blandford was defeated in the Republican primary on March 19, 2013.
Blandford ran for the U.S. House representing the 1st Congressional District of South Carolina. The election was held to replace Tim Scott, who was appointed to fill Jim DeMint's vacant seat in the U.S. Senate. Blandford was defeated in the Republican primary against Curtis Bostic, Ric Bryant, Larry Grooms, Jonathan Hoffman, Jeff King, John Kuhn, Tim Larkin, Chip Limehouse, Peter McCoy, Elizabeth Moffly, Ray Nash, Andy Patrick, Shawn Pinkston, Mark Sanford and Teddy Turner on March 19, 2013.
Former Governor Mark Sanford was considered the front runner due to name recognition and the fact that he had $120,000 in an old campaign account. That coupled with his ability to fundraise quickly gave him a leg up on the field. It was also his former seat in the U.S. House of Representatives that he held for three terms, prior to being elected governor.
|U.S. House, South Carolina District 1 Special Republican Primary, 2013|
|Harry "Chip" Limehouse||6.1%||3,279|
|Source: Official results via South Carolina State Election Commission|
Blandford was defeated by incumbent Timothy Scott. Blandford ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent South Carolina's 1st District. He faced Timothy Scott (R) and Bobbie Rose (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, South Carolina District 1 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Timothy Scott Incumbent||62%||179,908|
|Source: South Carolina State Election Commission "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Keith + Blandford + South + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Carolina's 1st Congressional District special election, 2013
- South Carolina's 1st Congressional District elections, 2012
- South Carolina's 1st Congressional District
- Blandford for Congress, "About," accessed September 6, 2012
- South Carolina Radio Network, "List of 19 candidates running for District 1 seat," January 28, 2013
- SC Votes, "March 19 Special Primary Election" Accessed March 19, 2013
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "Convention Party Candidates," accessed September 6, 2012
- Washington Post, "Scott's departure for Senate will trigger third special House election in 2013," December 17, 2012
- South Carolina Republican Party Website, "1st Congressional Special Election details set," accessed January 3, 2013
- Roll Call, "Sanford Likely Front-Runner in S.C. Special Election," January 3, 2013
- Salon.com, "Ted Turner’s son vying in SC congressional primary," January 23, 2013
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress, "Davis, Medel Jackson, (1942-2007)," accessed January 28, 2013
- Politico, "2012 Election Map, South Carollinaa"