|Virginia House of Delegates District 98|
|January 13, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
Hodges owns Gloucester Pharmacy, a small business.
In the 2012-2013 session, Hodges served on the following committees:
Hodges's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "Lower taxes and less government!"
- "Free enterprise, free markets, less government intervention in our economy."
- "Help the job creators: the small businesses of the 98th District and Virginia."
- "Oppose big government healthcare mandates and always work to preserve the doctor-patient relationship and patient choice."
- "Defend the Second Amendment."
- "Protect our values, stand up for Life, and the quality of life that makes our communities great places to live."
- "Honesty, integrity, and transparency in government."
- "Always stand up for Virginia and the U.S."
- "Constitutions as the owner’s manuals for our state and country."
Hodges's 2011 campaign themes were very similar to his 2013 campaign themes.
Hodges won re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 98. Hodges ran unopposed in the June 11 Republican primary. He defeated Neena Putt (I) in the general election on November 5, 2013.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 98 General Election, 2013|
|Republican||Keith Hodges Incumbent||75.4%||17,960|
On November 8, 2011, Hodges won election to District 98 of the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Ken Gibson, Catesby Baytop Jones and Sherwood Bowditch in the primary on August 23, 2011 and defeated Andy Shoukas in the November 8 general election.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 98 General Election, 2011|
|Virginia House of Delegates Republican Primary, 2011|
|Catesby Baytop Jones||16.4%||1,459|
In 2011, Hodges received $171,359 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Keith Hodges's campaign in 2011|
|Epic Political Action Committee- Virgina||$12,000|
|Friends Of Chris Jones||$11,000|
|Virginia Republican Party||$8,100|
|Howell For Delegate||$5,000|
|Friends Of Harvey Morgan||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$171,359|
|Total Votes received in 2011||16,647|
|Cost of each vote received||$10.29|
Hodges and his wife, Shelley, have two children.
- Gloucester-Mathews Gazette-Journal, "Candidates for House of Delegates spar at Mathews board meeting," June 26, 2013
- Southside Sentinel, "Hodges roars to primary victory," August 24, 2013
- The Roanoke Times, "First, do no further harm (Keith Hodges opinion-editorial)," September 1, 2013
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Keith + Hodges + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- House website
- Campaign website
- William & Mary profile
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Candidate Facebook page
- Candidate LinkedIn page
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight page
- Wikipedia page
|Virginia House of Delegates District 98
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |