|Wisconsin State Assembly District 47|
|2011 - Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Date of birth||11/13/1961|
|Place of birth||Madison, WI|
|Profession||President/Co-Founder, Badger Agvest LLC|
Ripp is the President and co-founder of the Badger Agvest Limited Liability Company. He is a member of the Columbia/Dane County Republican Party, Ducks Unlimited, and the Wisconsin Farm Bureau.
On his campaign site Ripp lists five legislative priorities:
- Economy - "To jump start our economy, we need a new direction that focuses on incentives for worker training, encourage investment in local business opportunities, and provide relief from needless governmental red tape."
- Energy - "I am a board member and co-founder of Badger Agvest – an organization that encourages innovative and cutting edge projects in the bio-energy and bio technology industries. These technologies include, but are not limited to, wind, solar, cellulosic, ethanol and bio diesel."
- Health care - "To make health care more affordable, we need families, not government and politicians, to be in control of their health care decisions and dollars. Families need choices with open disclosure of cost and quality information, so we can see the doctors we choose."
- Agriculture - "Agriculture is one of my main issues in my campaign and with good reason. Agriculture is Wisconsin's largest industry; it contributes $51.5 billion to the state's economy and accounts for 12% of all jobs."
- Tax relief - "To control taxes is the issue of controlling spending and keeping a close eye on the taxpayers' ability to pay instead of the wants of government."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ripp has been appointed to these committees:
- Agriculture Committee
- Consumer Protection Committee, Chair
- Rural Economic Development Committee
- Transportation Committee
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Ripp served on these committees:
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Ripp is running in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 42. Ripp ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012. Paula Cooper ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Ripp was re-elected to Wisconsin State Assembly District 47. Ripp defeated Democrat Trish O'Neil in the general election on November 2, 2010. He was unopposed in the September 14, 2010 primary election. 
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 47 General Election (2010)|
|Keith Ripp (R)||14,488|
|Trish O'Neil (D)||10,820|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 47 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Keith Ripp (R)||5,362||99.78%|
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-34 Dairy manufacturing facility investment credit: dairy cooperatives allowed to claim
- AB-87 Ash resulting from the burning of a structure for practice or instruction of fire fighters or testing of equipment: DNR prohibited from requiring disposal in certain landfills
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
In 2010, Ripp received $83,441 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Keith Ripp's campaign in 2010|
|1St District Republican Party Of Wisconsin||$1,000|
|Wisconsin Pipe Trades||$500|
|Kazmierczak, James M||$500|
|Bakke, Gregg N||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$83,441|
Rep. Ripp campaign commercial
The top 5 donors to Ripp's 2008 campaign:
|WI Republican Party||$3,800|
|WI Manufacturers & Commerce||$1,500|
|Bryant, Anthony W||$750|
|WI Restaurant Assoc||$750|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Keith + Ripp + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Representative Ripp's campaign
- Representative Ripp's website
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Keith Ripp
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions:2008
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign profile
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Ripp
- Keith Ripp Issues
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," retrieved June 12, 2012
- Official GAB primary results
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 47
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |