|Wisconsin State Assembly District 81|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Roys received her JD from the University of Wisconsin, Madison Law School, and BA from New York University. She has worked as an attorney and Executive Director of NARAL Pro-Choice Wisconsin.
Roys is a member of the Legal Assistance for Women, Board of Directors, Madison Repertory Theatre, TEMPO, Madison, and Wisconsin Bar Association.
Oh her campaign site Roys lists her positions on a number of issues, including:
- Health Care - "We must address the health care crisis, and provide universal coverage for all Wisconsinites."
- Education - "Kelda is the only candidate supported by our teachers."
- Jobs & Economic Development - "To sustain a strong and stable economy, we must enable diverse businesses and skilled workers to innovate and thrive."
- Fiscal Responsibility - "Our state budget and its process should reflect the values and priorities of Wisconsin voters - state government must tax and spend responsibly and fairly."
- Government Accountability - "Elections should be publicly financed, not bought by private special interests."
Roys did not provide answers to the 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Aging and Long-Term Care Committee
- Consumer Protection Committee
- Elections and Campaign Reform Committee
- Health and Healthcare Reform Committee (Vice Chair)
- State Affairs and Homeland Security Committee
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-57 Mother may breast-feed her child in any public or private location where she is authorized to be; penalty provision
- AB-135 College savings program and college tuition and expenses program: income tax deduction may be claimed by divorced or legally separated parent of child; total annual deduction for parents set
- AB-163 Political signs meeting certain criteria on rental premises: landlord may not prohibit
- AB-287 Fermented malt beverage: tax rate increased; funding for law enforcement officers, training, equipment, and AODA treatment services and prevention programs
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
The top 5 donors to Roys' 2008 campaign:
- 1. Roys, Kelda $9,958
- 2. Iulo, Robert $500
- 3. WI Education Assoc Council $500
- 4. Federation of Teachers Local 212 $500
- 5. Service Employees WI State Council $500
- Kelda for Assembly - Official campaign site
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Kelda Roys
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 81
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |