|Oregon House of Representatives District 11|
|Profession||Ranch Manager, Farmer|
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
Kelly Lovelace was a 2012 Republican candidate for District 11 of the Oregon House of Representatives.
- See also: Oregon House of Representatives elections, 2012
Lovelace ran for election in the 2012 election for Oregon House District 11. Lovelace defeated Jacob Daniels in the May 15 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Phil Barnhart (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 11, General Election, 2012
||Phil Barnhart Incumbent
|| Kelly Lovelace
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 11 Republican Primary, 2012
| Jacob Daniels
- See also: Oregon House of Representatives elections, 2010
Lovelace was defeated in the November 2 general election by incumbent Phil Barnhart (D).
Lovelace's campaign website listed four main issues:
- Jobs/Economic Development: "Real economic growth will come when we do a better job of helping manufacturing and agriculture succeed in Oregon. We need to grow crops and make products here in order to have real economic security."
- Public Safety: "Property crimes are a real problem in our part of Oregon. We need to have stronger state support for cracking down on these crimes. We need to do a better job of keeping Oregonians safe from drug crimes, sexual predators and ID theft. I will also be a strong advocate for the Oregon State Police."
- State Spending: "Our state spends too much money. Our state budget is twice as big as it was just 10 short years ago. It is wrong to burden our children this way and we are heading for a financial nightmare if we don’t begin to budget responsibly and in a way we can sustain for the long haul..."
- State Spending: "We need to focus on getting state education dollars into the classroom where they belong. We also need to expand technical schools and community colleges to better prepare more people."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kelly + Lovelace + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found