|U.S. House, Wisconsin, District 7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Ashland City Council member|
Westlund earned her degree from Northland College in Ashland. She is a small business owner, "working with a cooperative of area producers to build a strong local food system that will support family farms for generations to come." She also serves on the Ashland City Council.
Westlund lists the following issues on her website:
- Raising minimum wage to a living wage
- Expand access to affordable health care
- Protect the social safety net
- Fight corporate welfare
Westlund ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Wisconsin's 7th District. Westlund defeated Mike Krsiean in the Democratic primary. Westlund will face incumbent Sean Duffy (R), write-in candidate John Schiess (R) and Green Party candidate Lawrence Dale in the general election. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Wisconsin District 7 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Source: Wisconsin Government Accountability Board|
|Kelly Westlund (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year-End||January 31, 2014||$0||$34,404||$(2,524)||$31,880|
|April Quarterly||March 26, 2014||$31,880.13||$132,127.42||$(66,511.07)||$97,496.48|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kelly + Westlund + Wisconsin + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Wisconsin's 7th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Wisconsin's 7th Congressional District
- Roll Call, "Democratic Official Challenges Sean Duffy in Wisconsin," accessed December 9, 2013
- Associated Press, "Wisconsin - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 12, 2014
- Campaign website, "Meet Kelly," accessed January 29, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed January 29, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Westlund 2014 Summary reports," accessed May 8, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Year End Report," accessed March 5, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly," accessed May 8, 2014