|U.S. House, Texas, District 5|
Ashby was born and raised in Kentucky. He holds degrees in teaching and engineering and has worked in both fields. Ashby first ran for Congress in 1992 and has done so a number of times since then.
Ashby's campaign website lists the following issues:
- No more bailouts
- Excerpt: "Republicans and Democrats keep interfering in our economy, making taxpayers pay when big businesses make bad decisions. That just encourages them to keep acting stupid. The government should stop picking winners and losers."
- End foreign wars
- Excerpt: "Republicans used to say they opposed nation-building, but they have gotten us involved in lots of nation-building. Democrats pretended that they would end the wars, but they have only prolonged them."
- End the war on drugs
- Excerpt: "The war on drugs has been expensive and destructive. The government has thrown people in prison who never hurt anyone, and has also created huge violent black markets."
- Shut down federal departments
- Excerpt: "We need to shut down federal departments like Education, Commerce, Energy, Homeland Security, and others. Republicans sometimes claim they want to reduce these departments, but they're lying. Over the last twelve years, Republicans have frequently voted for massive increases in these departments"
- No more farm subsidies
- Excerpt: "Politicians from agricultural states use farm subsidies to buy votes. Farmers don't need subsidies, and most of the benefits go to huge agribusinesses. Let's reduce the burden on taxpayers by ending farm subsidies. "
Ashby ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Texas' 5th District. He ran as a Libertarian candidate. He ran against Linda Mrosko (D) and incumbent Jeb Hensarling (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Texas District 5 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jeb Hensarling Incumbent||64.4%||134,091|
|Democratic||Linda S. Mrosko||33.2%||69,178|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
Ashby and his wife, Linda, live in Dallas, Texas.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ken + Ashby + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 5th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 5th Congressional District
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |