|Virginia House of Delegates District 36|
|1982 - Present|
|Years in position||33|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Bachelor's||Old Dominion University, 1965|
|Master's||University of Virginia, 1967|
|Date of birth||11/03/1941|
|Place of birth||Shenandoah, VA|
Plum's background is in education - he was an Administrator for Fairfax County Public Schools from 1967-1997, a teacher from 1967-1997, and the Director of Adult and Community Education from 1966-1996.
Plum earned his B.A. at Old Dominion University in 1965 and his M.Ed. from the University of Virginia in 1967.
He currently sits on the board of Celebrating Special Children, the Dulles Corridor Rail Association Board, and the Virginia Literacy Foundation.
- Working for a stable economy and job growth.
- Serving as a role model for civility in public life.
- Protecting and enhancing funding for public schools
- Expanding transportation choices including rail in the Dulles Corridor.
- Safeguarding our environment.
- Keeping our community safe.
2007 political awareness test
Plum's answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 2007 National Political Awareness Test are available. He listed his top priorities as:
- Work to improve quality of the environment and use of renewable energy.
- Expand mass transit
- Strengthen our public education programs, pre-K through college
- Standards of Conduct Subcommittee
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee
- Natural Resources Subcommittee
- Science and Technology
- HB 2176 Energy Efficiency and Conservation Fund; established.
- HB 2177 Rechargeable battery recycling; authorizes localities to ban disposal of certain.
- HB 2538 Virginia Advisory Redistricting Commission; created. 
Plum is running for re-election to the District 36 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. He was uncontested in the August 23 primary and will be opposed by Hugh Cannon in the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Plum was elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Mac Cannon in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 36 (2009)|
|Ken Plum (D)||12,893|
|Mac Cannon (R)||8,581|
The top 5 donors to Plum's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Bankers Assoc||$8,000|
|Virginia Trial Lawyers Assoc||$7,500|
|Virginia Assoc of Health Plans||$5,342|
|Virginia Professional Fire Fighters||$5,000|
|Virginia Assoc of Realtors||$5,000|
Plum and his wife, Jane, have four children.
- Delegate Ken Plum official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Plum
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 36
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |