|Virginia House of Delegates District 36|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Plum's background is in education - he was an Administrator for Fairfax County Public Schools from 1967-1997, a teacher from 1967-1997, and the Director of Adult and Community Education from 1966-1996.
He currently sits on the board of Celebrating Special Children, the Dulles Corridor Rail Association Board, and the Virginia Literacy Foundation.
Delegate Plum discusses his projects
Plum's answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 2007 National Political Awareness Test are available. He lists his top priorities as:
- Work to improve quality of the environment and use of renewable energy.
- Expand mass transit
- Strengthen our public education programs, pre-K through college
- Standards of Conduct Subcommittee
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee
- Natural Resources Subcommittee
- Science and Technology
- HB 2176 Energy Efficiency and Conservation Fund; established.
- HB 2177 Rechargeable battery recycling; authorizes localities to ban disposal of certain.
- HB 2538 Virginia Advisory Redistricting Commission; created. 
In 2009, Plum was elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Mac Cannon in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 36 (2009)|
|Mark Keam (D)||12,893|
|Mac Cannon (R)||8,581|
The top 5 donors to Plum's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Bankers Assoc||$8,000|
|Virginia Trial Lawyers Assoc||$7,500|
|Virginia Assoc of Health Plans||$5,342|
|Virginia Professional Fire Fighters||$5,000|
|Virginia Assoc of Realtors||$5,000|
- Delegate Ken Plum official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Plum
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 36
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |