|Missouri House of Representatives, District 12|
|January 7, 2013 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Profession||Chief of Police, City of Smithville|
Wilson's professional experience includes working as the Chief of Police for the City of Smithville, interim city administrator for the City of Smithville, part-time instructor at Missouri Western Regional Law Enforcement Academy, and commander of the Detention Division at Platte County Sheriff's Department.
Wilson's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I am first a Christian and second a pastor of the Christian faith. All Christians are called to share the good news, and there is no better news than that of Jesus Christ, we are to preach Gods Word and to live by example."
The Sanctity of Human Life
- Excerpt:"Human life begins at conception, a miracle of God, and is to be celebrated and protected. We must not misunderstand that this is first and always a biblical issue."
- Excerpt:"I support the right to bear arms as well as conceal and carry for all law abiding citizens who wish to protect themselves and those they love."
- Excerpt:"The Bible teaches that marriage is to be a permanent relationship of one man and one woman freely and totally committed to each other as companions for life. One man + one woman = one flesh."
- Excerpt:"The declaration of Independence spoke of unalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. We should not misunderstand that government is not responsible to provide life, liberty, and happiness; it is to promote these ideals and keep us safe."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Wilson served on the following committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations - Public Safety and Corrections|
|• Crime Prevention and Public Safety|
Wilson won election in the 2012 election for Missouri House of Representatives, District 12. Wilson defeated Josh Hurlbert in the August 7 Republican primary and ran unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 12 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Wilson is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Wilson raised a total of $40,621 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 18, 2013.
|Ken Wilson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Missouri House of Representatives, District 12||$40,621|
|Grand Total Raised||$40,621|
2012Wilson won election to the Missouri House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Wilson raised a total of $40,621.
|Missouri House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ken Wilson's campaign in 2012|
|Friends of Diehl||$1,000|
|Missouri Bankers Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$40,621|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Wilson and his wife, Melissa, have two children; Rebecca and Michael.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ken + Wilson + Missouri + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- votesmart.org "Ken Wilson's Biography"
- wilsonforhouse.com - Official campaign website
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Nov 6, 2012 General Election - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Aug 7, 2012 Primary - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- "Follow the Money", "Wilson, Ken", Accessed September 18, 2013
|Missouri House of Representatives District 12
| Succeeded by|
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |